GM HD Defense SUV

HighTechPauper

Reaction score
I think an HD chassis with a 3.0L LZ0 would be a good choice, so the 6.2 gas and 3.0L diesel doesn't surprise me. For a few years now over on the Duramax Forum people have yearned for an HD pickup or a heavy half ton with the 3.0L as an engine choice, not exactly sure why other than better fuel economy than the 6.6 Duramax, and an HD chassis for larger cabin loads that don't require "yank a house off its foundation" HP and TQ. Still, I found this turn of events interesting.

The 3.0 has no place in any HD platform. It’s light duty diesel. Perfectly fine in our pavement princesses to take pictures of range and average MPG. (Just kidding this is a safe place for 3.0 owners)

Any government/military application should use a detuned and emissions deleted 6.6. A heavy duty engine when reliability is number 1.

Which is exactly how the military orders them. Emissions exempt. No DEF, no EGR. Just suck, squeeze, bang, blow. (I should call her)

I think an HD chassis with a 3.0L LZ0 would be a good choice, so the 6.2 gas and 3.0L diesel doesn't surprise me. For a few years now over on the Duramax Forum people have yearned for an HD pickup or a heavy half ton with the 3.0L as an engine choice, not exactly sure why other than better fuel economy than the 6.6 Duramax, and an HD chassis for larger cabin loads that don't require "yank a house off its foundation" HP and TQ. Still, I found this turn of events interesting.

good read.

Most Member Reactions

Back