GM Dealer Inventory Rises 35 Percent In June 2024

LOL, that twat just showed up and doesn't think I can read a 10k.

We're about to find out what these trucks are worth. There's dealers with 23s, 24s, and 25s on the lot right now. There's discounts of 10k on Silverados already and we're not even close to the end of the year. Arm a video with a lot full of $125k Lincoln Navigator's. They'll have to discount them $30k to even get someone on a test drive.

I can guarantee shortly they are gonna be slowing production to maintain their margins. That means job losses, which means recession. Rinse and repeat!

The Fed just signaled interest rate reductions and the market went to the upside. It fails to account for the underlying data, which is slow growth and mounting job losses.

We'll see if Junior can keep up here, but I'm guessing he'll go back to working on his discount online MBA.
I wish the markets would slow down a little, it has me a little worried too. Its beat every high end outlook. Retired and probably do my first 7 figure income this year. No bills really. Not spendy. Not flashyI only learned finance, dealing with economics from running 50 to 70 million dollar concrete jobs for a billionaire. Theres always a guy sitting in a uber that wants to drive the bus. Talk is cheap. 😀 like I tell my dealer, your in business and understand you are here to make money, im the regular customer, 25 years. I dont have to have it but if you want to make a deal the same one you have every year at labor day we can see what you want to do now or I can wait or see who wants to play ball. Like my brother says
I can really afford to have anything I need. I guess Im just thrifty. 😀

I wish the markets would slow down a little, it has me a little worried too. Its beat every high end outlook. Retired and probably do my first 7 figure income this year. No bills really. Not spendy. Not flashyI only learned finance, dealing with economics from running 50 to 70 million dollar concrete jobs for a billionaire. Theres always a guy sitting in a uber that wants to drive the bus. Talk is cheap. 😀 like I tell my dealer, your in business and understand you are here to make money, im the regular customer, 25 years. I dont have to have it but if you want to make a deal the same one you have every year at labor day we can see what you want to do now or I can wait or see who wants to play ball. Like my brother says
I can really afford to have anything I need. I guess Im just thrifty. 😀
Yep! Once you get control of your finances and spending you can sleep easy. I got a lot of 10+ year old stuff and it works as good or better than the new stuff. Everyone likes new stuff, but no sense making a bad deal. I didn't think I made a great deal on my 24. But if I keep it a while like my last ones it'll be OK. I thought the deal on my 22 was decent. I suspect if I sell it later this year, I may take little more hit than I like. Oh well!

NASDAQ is frothy right now (+23% in 6 months) due to everyone having an AI hard on.. This looks like dotcom mania in 2000. I got left high and dry on a few of those turds.

Yesterday I rebalanced and put a lot of money back into cash or equivalent low risk assets. Gonna sleep better watching the unwind.

Might take some (short) positions in $QID, $SDOW, and $SH etfs and see if I can get some down side action. I never go in big on that, but like to see a decent market correction with a few bets in place.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20240710_154519_Seeking Alpha.jpg
    SmartSelect_20240710_154519_Seeking Alpha.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
NASDAQ is frothy right now (+23% in 6 months) due to everyone having an AI hard on.. This looks like dotcom mania in 2000. I got left high and dry on a few of those turds.

Yesterday I rebalanced and put a lot of money back into cash or equivalent low risk assets. Gonna sleep better watching the unwind.

Might take some (short) positions in $QID, $SDOW, and $SH etfs and see if I can get some dow side action. I never go in big on that, but like to see a decent market correction with a few bets in place.
I got a few hundred nvidia trading shares that post split where 2000 shares
70k in 180k out 5 months but still have over 7000 shares of Nvda AI hard on. Tax implications scare me if I dump to many. I think the rocket can power through a few more years. Even if its 15 percent growth in future. The hedge for me is if I die then they wont have to pay taxes and basis is reset. I liked it better when I was poor. Maybe. Nope. 😝

Bought 5,000 shares of FB many many years ago when it went down to around $17. Going to sit on it for a while longer and then think about the best way to handle. I think it went down to $12 at one point, but I'm happy with $17...META is now trading at $534 :D

I got a few hundred nvidia trading shares that post split where 2000 shares
70k in 180k out 5 months but still have over 7000 shares of Nvda AI hard on. Tax implications scare me if I dump to many. I think the rocket can power through a few more years. Even if its 15 percent growth in future. The hedge for me is if I die then they wont have to pay taxes and basis is reset. I liked it better when I was poor. Maybe. Nope. 😝
LOL.......I'm in favor of taxes for the first time. Yeah, that's a nice position in $NVDA. I still have a small position in an IRA and I held some funds that have quite a bit of tech. These are all in tax deferred accounts so no implications for me to trade. I guess we'll know what happens by the end of the year. Gonna be a crazy 6 months with political shenanigans!

Bought 5,000 shares of FB many many years ago when it went down to around $17. Going to sit on it for a while longer and then think about the best way to handle. I think it went down to $12 at one point, but I'm happy with $17...META is now trading at $534 :D
They've had a pretty healthy run here recently. I don't have a lot tech left now. Been selling small chunks last 4 months. I guess I left some on the table, but will look to get some more when they correct.

Good for you. I started collecting Nvda shares late 2019 while building crypto servers for my son. I realized what The First tensor core graphic memory cards could do. I just finished up with a divorce caused by my life long friend
Embezzling 900k in a real estate deal. I went from multi millionaire to 15k no car just house. A good job. Practically overnight. Daughter had car wreck gave her 5k to get used car for school. Air conditioning went out house 10k. I mean flat out broke. That was 2017.

Only one dealership in my area that is actually advertising any discounts at the moment, but the lots are full.
Lots are full here too. Seeing discounts on 2500s, but not nearly as steep as the 1500s which I can understand as the 2500s are in more of a "limited" supply.

Last edited:
Hopefully everyone took some time a few weeks ago to prepare for this coming convergence! I did and I'm feeling pretty good about my decision. I'm not sure when it'll end, but I will be keeping a keen eye on the situation and looking for new opportunities.

There's a lot of balls in the air right now. Next 3 months are gonna be wild.

-US election shenanigans, including no official functioning President
-divided USA
-Broken military
-Race/ religious wars in UK/Ireland
-WWIII in Ukraine, Middle East, Taiwan
-Massive corporates layoffs starting
-Record inflation
-Record personal debt
-Housing prices run amok
-High interest rates
-$35T debt, with $3 of $4 taxed needed to pay interest
- Wall Street crashing
- Foreign markets crashing
-Crypto crashing

Hold on, she's gonna buck.......yee haw....... get your precious metals now (i.e., copper, lead, brass, nitro cellulose).

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20240804_213954_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20240804_213954_Chrome.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 6
  • SmartSelect_20240804_210935_X.jpg
    SmartSelect_20240804_210935_X.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 6
  • SmartSelect_20240804_214300_X.jpg
    SmartSelect_20240804_214300_X.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Yeah but mortgage rates are going down a bit so if anyone wants to buy, sell or refi in Colo let me know.

- My name is ZR2 BIZON and I approve this message -

Yeah but mortgage rates are going down a bit so if anyone wants to buy, sell or refi in Colo let me know.

- My name is ZR2 BIZON and I approve this message -
In the everything bubble, I'm afraid housing will get clobbered again. Gonna be interesting to see if they come out with some bullshit phony stimulus program and interest rate reductions to keep it propped up a while longer. But sooner or later we have to pay for the sins of the last 5+ years of fiscal irresponsibility.

I bet there's news of an "emergency" Fed meeting by 10 AM EST.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20240804_221040_X.jpg
    SmartSelect_20240804_221040_X.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 5
In the everything bubble, I'm afraid housing will get clobbered again. Gonna be interesting to see if they come out with some bullshit phony stimulus program and interest rate reductions to keep it propped up a while longer. But sooner or later we have to pay for the sins of the last 5+ years of fiscal irresponsibility.

I bet there's news of an "emergency" Fed meeting by 10 AM EST.
It is a chit show currently but regardless of what's going on or what monkey party is farting inside Pennsylvania Ave. there are always closings.

It is a chit show currently but regardless of what's going on or what monkey party is farting inside Pennsylvania Ave. there are always closings.
If I was a seller, I would wish I sold last week. If I was a buyer, I'd wait for a 50% correction. It was 100% in 2008, so you could hold out longer too. Houses aren't worth $1M, they are worth about $250k.

But that's what Wall Street, Saudi and Chinese investors want. If they can buy blocks of housing from the banks after foreclosure like in 2008-12, they will get exactly what they planned. They don't want individuals to own homes, cause they can't control you.

If I was a seller, I would wish I sold last week. If I was a buyer, I'd wait for a 50% correction. It was 100% in 2008, so you could hold out longer too. Houses aren't worth $1M, they are worth about $250k.

But that's what Wall Street, Saudi and Chinese investors want. If they can buy blocks of housing from the banks after foreclosure like in 2008-12, they will get exactly what they planned. They don't want individuals to own homes, cause they can't control you.
You musta read the book by Carol Roth, 'You Will Own Nothing'.....

Most Member Reactions

Back