GM Dealer Inventory Rises 35 Percent In June 2024

I am waiting for 2025 model year. Not sure if it makes sense to get a 2500 gasser or stick to a new 1500. Actually been looking at an AT4X 1500 to try something slightly different. Haven't made up my mind yet. Looking at a 2025 Ram Tungsten too.
It'll be interesting to see how long it takes them to change over to the newer interior like the 24 Colorado. I like some of the appearance and materials better. Seems a bit more refined and higher quality.

As curious as I am, I’ll be rolling in this truck for a while. I’m one of those 5+ year in the same ride kinda guys. By the time I’m ready to buy again, the truck will connect to your neural implant, be controlled by some shadow agency monitoring my social media, and it will run on soilent green.

I am waiting for 2025 model year. Not sure if it makes sense to get a 2500 gasser or stick to a new 1500. Actually been looking at an AT4X 1500 to try something slightly different. Haven't made up my mind yet. Looking at a 2025 Ram Tungsten too.
no interest in the RHO?? i like it but wanna hear if motor gonna have gruff or sound like a fancy lad singing soprano.

As curious as I am, I’ll be rolling in this truck for a while. I’m one of those 5+ year in the same ride kinda guys. By the time I’m ready to buy again, the truck will connect to your neural implant, be controlled by some shadow agency monitoring my social media, and it will run on soilent green.
But will it need Amsoil...thats the big question :unsure:

no interest in the RHO?? i like it but wanna hear if motor gonna have gruff or sound like a fancy lad singing soprano.
I was looking at the RHO option too, but not available until the fall to actually see one and take it for a ride. Same HO engine that's in the Tungsten. Not sure if I want macho/off-road in my next truck or luxury/comfort. Decisions decisions :unsure:

I was looking at the RHO option too, but not available until the fall to actually see one and take it for a ride. Same HO engine that's in the Tungsten. Not sure if I want macho/off-road in my next truck or luxury/comfort. Decisions decisions :unsure:
How about both?

1000037379.jpg

good decisions to ponder!!!
I'm not a GMC guy, but I've seen a couple of monochromatic 1500 AT4s lately and they are pretty sharp looking rigs. You get that balance of offroad potential, street sleek, and good all arounder.

I don't think this is an AT4, but that grill is killer.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20240709_163628_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20240709_163628_Chrome.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
I'm not a GMC guy, but I've seen a couple of monochromatic 1500 AT4s lately and they are pretty sharp looking rigs. You get that balance of offroad potential, street sleek, and good all arounder.

I don't think this is an AT4, but that grill is killer.
That's a Denali Ultimate. Looks good. I just can't get to like those fenders

My dealer was bugging me to buy a 24 ZR2 1500 diesel. I offered him $20k off sticker. He said no, I said call me in September.
Do you really think that a dealer has 20k in a vehicle. You are not running a business are you, you have no idea. 🤷

Reactions: AXE
Do you really think that a dealer has 20k in a vehicle. You are not running a business are you, you have no idea. 🤷
Oh yeah! How the hell do you think they are funding their shitty EV program? They lose $30k a vehicle. Yet they have been posting record profits and doing stock buybacks for some time. A lot of that is is done on these high margin trucks and SUVs.

You wanna test my business acumen, I'll run my stats against yours. Just let me know! Before you do, pull your head out of your ass and wipe the sleep from your eyes so you can get focused on the task at hand. Pack a lunch pail too.

When I got my hd ZR2 , my dealer was 7 k under list, while most where 8 to 10k over. With labor day events and dealer incentives plus reduced financing probably be 20k cheaper than buying list or list plus 6 months ago. 😀. Especially if you are reg customer.

Well that ESCALADEd quickly
LOL, that twat just showed up and doesn't think I can read a 10K, 10Q, or 8K report.

We're about to find out what these trucks are worth. There's dealers with 23s, 24s, and 25s on the lot right now. There's discounts of 10k on Silverados already and we're not even close to the end of the year. Seen a video with a lot full of $125k Lincoln Navigator's. They'll have to discount them $30k to even get someone on a test drive.

I can guarantee shortly they are gonna be slowing production to maintain their margins. That means job losses, which means recession. Rinse and repeat!

The Fed just signaled interest rate reductions and the market went to the upside. It fails to account for the underlying data, which is slow growth and mounting job losses.

We'll see if Junior can keep up here, but I'm guessing he'll go back to working on his discount online MBA.

Last edited:
When I got my hd ZR2 , my dealer was 7 k under list, while most where 8 to 10k over. With labor day events and dealer incentives plus reduced financing probably be 20k cheaper than buying list or list plus 6 months ago. 😀. Especially if you are reg customer.
Yep, mine reneged on my deal and I ended up only getting about $4800. I had told them -$6k when I ordered it. Those pricks tried to get me to pony up +5k MSRP. I said fuck you and left. Then the phone started ringing for three days. A fair price for both of us at the time was $6k off. Now it's at least $10k.

The only parts that are expensive on these trucks are the motor and transmission. You can buy a Duramax motor for $16k and an Allison transmission for $4k. The rest is just routine parts bin plastic and sheet metal. I'm guessing they produced my truck for $70k including overhead or less, sticker was $93k+.

i survived the 2022 7k "Market Adjustment." lol.

Most Member Reactions

Back