Getting a New Motor

Well I finally got the truck back. #5 Rod bearing ate itself and jacked up the crank journal. Metal shavings all the way up in the top of the heads. Replaced motor, oil cooler, radiator and all oil cooler lines.
Well at least it wasn't lifters! :ROFLMAO:

for real though, congrats on getting her back. how's she drive?

well i guess i am in the same boat, just over 10k miles the truck shuts down, have it towed to dealer and so far all i have is the engine is locked up, they are waiting for GM to respond back.
Not real impressed with the ZR2 right now,
First truck we had a deposit on the camera system would not work, after over 3 weeks they said it needed a new Harness installed, i walked away from this truck.
found another and now less than 6 months old and the engine is locked up..
What kind of crap are they building????

well i guess i am in the same boat, just over 10k miles the truck shuts down, have it towed to dealer and so far all i have is the engine is locked up, they are waiting for GM to respond back.
Not real impressed with the ZR2 right now,
First truck we had a deposit on the camera system would not work, after over 3 weeks they said it needed a new Harness installed, i walked away from this truck.
found another and now less than 6 months old and the engine is locked up..
What kind of crap are they building????
that sucks..its def a ramdom short straw. hopefully dealer does right by you. im curious as to your year and build date.

I hope it is resolved quickly.

I had my Duramax at the dealer last week for some lower ball joint boots to be replaced. I asked my service advisor, whom I've worked with for 27 years, if they have seen many problems with the 6.2L motors. He said the 19s had the biggest problems and some 20s were having the early lifter problems, but not the more recent trucks. He also said they had a couple of the refreshed trucks come in for the software issues after updates where electrical system and display wasn't working properly.

This is a pretty big dealer with something like 55 mechanics working there. Didn't sound like very many overall For that size dealer.

Most Member Reactions

Back