Fuel pump module issue

Keewatin427

Reaction score
Hey all,
I recently started watching this guys tow truck YouTube channel and he’s posted a lot of GM trucks getting towed because of the fuel pump module shitting the bed. I had my truck conk out once, but that was a mystery because it started right after.
Has anyone had the misfortune of theirs conking out?

My 2022 went through 2 FPCM within a year. Both went bad while we were traveling and about 5 hours from home. Carrying a spare may be a good idea “if” it doesn’t require programming to the truck. A lot of modules need the vehicle’s VIN written to them for them to work.

I saw that there is Pre-programmed ones from Dorman. Maybe worth it? In the first video I posted the dealership changed the module and got it back up and running before the tow driver left the yard. Still, you could be right where it’s not as easy as plugging a new one in, but maybe worth investigating.

Hey all,
I recently started watching this guys tow truck YouTube channel and he’s posted a lot of GM trucks getting towed because of the fuel pump module shitting the bed. I had my truck conk out once, but that was a mystery because it started right after.
Has anyone had the misfortune of theirs conking out?
Quite a few posts about failed FPCM. I've had a spare under my seat for a little over a year. It's a pretty simple change out. Module is located in front of fuel tank on top.

Quite a few posts about failed FPCM. I've had a spare under my seat for a little over a year. It's a pretty simple change out. Module is located in front of fuel tank on top.
I assume then its not tied to the vehicle in any way and needs programing like someone mentioned?

If not, guess this will be on my list to get.

I assume then its not tied to the vehicle in any way and needs programing like someone mentioned?

If not, guess this will be on my list to get.

According to the video in the post above, I take that the module has to be programmed. It looks like Doorman sells a preprogrammed FPCM.

According to the video in the post above, I take that the module has to be programmed. It looks like Doorman sells a preprogrammed FPCM.
Does Dorman sell one for our truck with the 6.2l? I couldn't find one listed at Auto Zone or Advance Auto. But I also didn't look tooo hard. Maybe someone has a link to one from Dorman.

My 2022 went through 2 FPCM within a year. Both went bad while we were traveling and about 5 hours from home. Carrying a spare may be a good idea “if” it doesn’t require programming to the truck. A lot of modules need the vehicle’s VIN written to them for them to work.
It doesn’t. It plugs right in. Cheap. 80 bucks or less. My truck sat for weeks while the dealer Fed around and I bought one from another dealer and brought it to them.

You *may* get a CEL for a vin mismatch but your truck will drive.

Tons of BS back and forth with GM about it. It s a trigger for me but I wouldn’t buy lemonade from a dealer in this county.

Last edited:
It doesn’t. It plugs right in. Cheap. 80 bucks or less. My truck sat for weeks while the dealer Fed around and I bought one from another dealer and brought it to them.

Tons of BS back and forth with GM about it. It s a trigger for me but I wouldn’t buy lemonade from a dealer in this county.
Do you have a link to the one that works for our truck with no programming?

None of them require programming. It’s a PNP module. This is the procedure if you have a DTC
IMG_5543.jpeg

Most Member Reactions

Back