Some 2024 GMC Sierra HD Units Will Need A Transmission Replacement

Just ran my VIN and nothing came up for this. Will still hold my breath. This is not good at all!
Me as well...no recalls currently showing. I also called GM directly and spoke with a great guy that was very helpful. He pulled up the recall notice and stated a very small number of vehicles were impacted and my VIN is showing I'm clear :)

Last edited:
Important Update:

Update: This is actually not a recall. It is a Customer Satisfaction Program even if GM Authority calls it a recall lol. As such especially the way it is worded is strange for a recall. There are no VIN numbers or production dates listed. Went up to Classic Chevrolet today and tried to get more information and there is none. The CSP document #N242467600 clearly does NOT identify this as a recall. I called the GM number and talked to the folks on the phone, and they were not able to give me any other information than what I already knew. The CSP this is issued against does not even hint at what issues that one could expect to determine if this defective part is even present or what issues one could expect do to the damage this part could cause.

Bottom line I am a customer am not happy at all with GM on this one.

Most Member Reactions

Back