🛠️ Member Build equal length true dual exhaust project

This prefix only appears in the Member Builds section.
Sexy!!
The Cadillac mufflers would be my choice, but may be harder to incorporate.
You won't go wrong with Corsa either, out of the choices of off the shelf mufflers, they would be least likely to drone.
Keep in mind mufflers used outside of a designed system will sometimes have undesirable characteristics, ie drone.
Good luck, we're all counting on you.
i might have a solution although like you said might be hard to incorporate.

My idea is to mount both stock mufflers vertically in the red area to clear the drive shaft and tuck it much closer to the cab for ground clearance would be nice if I can get my hands on the stock muffler dimensions to test it out with cardboard before pulling the trigger
IMG_8486.jpeg

i might have a solution although like you said might be hard to incorporate.

My idea is to mount both stock mufflers vertically in the red area to clear the drive shaft and tuck it much closer to the cab for ground clearance would be nice if I can get my hands on the stock muffler dimensions to test it out with cardboard before pulling the triggerView attachment 14144
If it helps. I like to shoot first then ask questions after

Managed to get the midpipe!

Next is if I should get my hands on the stock Escalade V mufflers too or just get 2 Corsa mufflers off the shelf since they are also designed to cancel out drone

View attachment 14138
I wouldn't make the assumption that a Corsa can will sound good unless it is one that is specifically made for true duals. Otherwise your not gonna get the same air volume and flow characteristics to make it sound the way it was designed.

The sound doesn't come from the can, it just gets castrated by the can.

Run it like it came and go from there. Easy to add a small straight through can later once you see how it fits. These are pretty compact mufflers.

Last edited:
Does the full replacement make a bigger sound difference than using a cat back like this Corsa?

Attachments

• IMG_1758.jpeg
    IMG_1758.jpeg
    31 KB · Views: 3
Does the full replacement make a bigger sound difference than using a cat back like this Corsa?
yes, but the idea is to equalize the exhaust pulses between left and right banks to achieve an exhaust note similar to the V

trying to get it sound something like this or as close as possible

Most Member Reactions

Back