Do you name your rigs?

IMG_8828.jpeg

Found a Baymax to install on my Rubigrid above the infotainment.

I mentioned this in another thread, but decided to start a dedicated one to the subject instead of hijacking.

I’ve always named and had a theme for all of my cars/trucks/jeeps over the years. I enjoy having a little fun with life and my approach to stuff like this is no exception. With my ZR2, I love the white on black with the red accents, combined with me going with a “babymax” 3.0 the name and theme jumped out pretty quick.

Baymax

There’s a local guys thats done vinyl work for me off and on over the years and we have a mock-up of the logo that will go on the bed. Just need to make the drive to get it all taken care of, but life keeps getting in the way.

View attachment 13336

Anyone else do goofy things like this?
Named the ZR2 Nala - the fierce bitch in the lion King. My pos 23 tundra was named Jinx. F that truck. Luck I sold it before the engine grenaded itself. My Tacoma was Jolene. My Cammy was ellie cuz she was an LE. Matrix was little blue bitch - always trying to get that powerless pos moving.

Named the ZR2 Nala - the fierce bitch in the lion King. My pos 23 tundra was named Jinx. F that truck. Luck I sold it before the engine grenaded itself. My Tacoma was Jolene. My Cammy was ellie cuz she was an LE. Matrix was little blue bitch - always trying to get that powerless pos moving.
Lmao

I’ve named my vehicles since my ‘91 S10 Blazer, lovingly known as Bertha, my first true love. She was replaced by Stormy, our 2-tone “06 Silverado Z71 L33. Sold her when we went to Okinawa for our twilight tour w/ the USAF, where I finally had a sports car, a Nissan 350GT (known in the States as Infinity G35); she was Natalie. Back home in AK (in retirement), got our black on black H3, Shadow.

And finally, when we were shopping for a new truck last year, I pitched a couple ideas at the wife of names on truck candidates as we were looking, not yet even committed to a truck. When the price of a white ZR2 Bison dropped $20k (to a few k below invoice), I said to the wife, “this could be our new truck, Wampa!” She loved it (as I’m a SW nerd), and it fit with her brother’s white dually full-ton, “the Yeti”. So, our Bison is Wampa (sometimes affectionately “Wampa-cat”). (We too have a mascot, a Wampa bobble head, that sits in front of the shifter.)

Blue Blessing.... My parents passed. Dad in 2017, Mom in 2022. They left the 4 of us siblings a nice chunk so I bought mine and paid cash for it. My personalized plate is "MYZR2"

Attachments

• 20240618_170214.jpg
    20240618_170214.jpg
    262.7 KB · Views: 9

Most Member Reactions

Back