Anti theft devices Ravelco or IGLA ?????

FIRE BUFFALO

Reaction score
Trying to figure out what system is good and worth it? heard that the ravelco can be hacked/jumped. IGLA seems like its a pain, and heard of it throwing codes. please help!!!

Trying to figure out what system is good and worth it? heard that the ravelco can be hacked/jumped. IGLA seems like its a pain, and heard of it throwing codes. please help!!!
I have the ravelco, all in all it is a fancy multi-kill switch setup. If you forget to put the plug in before starting, you get some codes. It doesn't affect startup once you put the plug in, and they self-clear after a few cycles. Other than that, happy with it for at least a peace of mind. IGLA has similar comments around easy to bypass, etc. Realistically, if someone wants the truck, they're going to get it. All about slowing down the unmotivated so they move onto the next one.

I haven't had signs of attempted theft so can't comment on practical application. They give you a sticker to put on the windows intended to deter thieves - but I told them no. To me seems it would advertise what you have, best to be a surprise if someone wants to take it, they see an unknown and move along. Have in the past known plenty of people with Hellcats and TRX with it installed, with some attempted thefts that were adverted.

It's really part of multi levels - something to slow the thief down, something to alert you if it's being tampered with, and something to track it if it is taken. In the end, nothing prevents a person from hooking up to it and towing it off to a location they can spend more time to bypass whatever you use.

At least GM was kind enough to make our trucks impossible to put into neutral without power, unlike Dodge where there's a handy mechanical pull. So we have that going for us.

I follow a facebook page called Houston Stolen Trucks and Cars. There was a group that targeted the higher end GM trim trucks only (Denali and High Country). There were a few post from home security cameras that recorded the lowlifes, and the very first thing they would do is cut the horn through the grill. Then in less than 30 seconds the truck was gone… except for this one guy, who had rerouted his wires via Train horn. He posted his video, and those lowlifes ran like their asses were on fire.

The fbi finally caught the skid-marks with 32 trucks in their possession.

I follow a facebook page called Houston Stolen Trucks and Cars. There was a group that targeted the higher end GM trim trucks only (Denali and High Country). There were a few post from home security cameras that recorded the lowlifes, and the very first thing they would do is cut the horn through the grill. Then in less than 30 seconds the truck was gone… except for this one guy, who had rerouted his wires via Train horn. He posted his video, and those lowlifes ran like their asses were on fire.

The fbi finally caught the skid-marks with 32 trucks in their possession.

This is what I have also. The factory horn wire is still there, so they can cut it and feel safe. but I tied into it higher up and it goes to my train horn, lol. I can't imagine anyone hanging around once it goes off.

I use the throttle lock on the Ultimate9 throttle controller. They can start it, but they’ll get no throttle response. Also use a steering wheel club. Living a few minutes from the Mexico border, these things get stolen all the time.
Exactly! Not only is the Ultimate9 an AWESOME throttle controller, it's the only one made that allow you to shut off the throttle so the vehicle cannot be driven. If you don't have one...you need one ;)

Last edited:
I use the throttle lock on the Ultimate9 throttle controller. They can start it, but they’ll get no throttle response. Also use a steering wheel club. Living a few minutes from the Mexico border, these things get stolen all the time.
This seems like a simple solution, throttle hacks have been around for a long time. I think Commander was the one I used on a previous car but don’t remember it having more than 3 settings. It was unplugging a connector behind the gas pedal. I’ll look into this. As long as it isn’t something that plugs into the OBD as that would be easy for them to unplug.

This is what I have also. The factory horn wire is still there, so they can cut it and feel safe. but I tied into it higher up and it goes to my train horn, lol. I can't imagine anyone hanging around once it goes off.
I called a few audio shops today asking about this. None were experienced with this method. Makes me concerned that it could throw codes. Could you share how you did this? Also, what kind of horn did you use?

This seems like a simple solution, throttle hacks have been around for a long time. I think Commander was the one I used on a previous car but don’t remember it having more than 3 settings. It was unplugging a connector behind the gas pedal. I’ll look into this. As long as it isn’t something that plugs into the OBD as that would be easy for them to unplug.
The Ultimate9 plugs in between the throttle pedal. You pair it to the app on your phone. There are a ton of settings, but my main go to setting is locking and unlocking the throttle pedal.

Does not plug into the OBD port. This is a must have!

The Ultimate9 plugs in between the throttle pedal. You pair it to the app on your phone. There are a ton of settings, but my main go to setting is locking and unlocking the throttle pedal.

I have the Ultimate9 and use their controller instead of the app, once I put it into throttle lock can I then unplug the controller and take it with me or does the controller need to stay plugged in?
Was thinking about that the other day when I dropped the truck off with a valet, I put it in valet mode but left the controller plugged in. Kind of pointless if they looked around and found the controller.

I have the Ravelco in my TRX and it's obsolete now thanks to the IGLA salesmen posting videos of how to defeat it. IGLA works but I refuse to pay for Russian made garbage after they aided in assisting car thieves .

I don't think GM is as easy to steal as Stellantis products. I'm taking my TRX to the dealer to have the RF hub flashed so a key can't be duplicated.

I have the Ultimate9 and use their controller instead of the app, once I put it into throttle lock can I then unplug the controller and take it with me or does the controller need to stay plugged in?
Was thinking about that the other day when I dropped the truck off with a valet, I put it in valet mode but left the controller plugged in. Kind of pointless if they looked around and found the controller.
It is designed to put it into lock mode, valet mode or any mode you want and take the dash mounted controller with you. The electronics/brain that controls the throttle are actually in the part that plugs into the pedal and not the control console.

I called a few audio shops today asking about this. None were experienced with this method. Makes me concerned that it could throw codes. Could you share how you did this? Also, what kind of horn did you use?
I have a post on here on the train horn I have in my truck. But as far as tapping into the factory train horn wire that's nothing. Anyone can do it. If you look at some of the videos of them stealing these trucks. You will see they go through the drivers side fender well liner and cut the factory horn wires. They then pop the lock and get in the cab. They basically set the alarm off, But since they cut those wires first there is no sound. All I did was tap into those wires at a different location. Connected them to a relay and I have a switch in the truck that allows me to still use the factory horn if I want, But default is my train horn. The idea is they will still cut the factory horn wires and think they are safe to pop the lock and open the door. But when they do so, a 147db train horn goes off, lol. You could actually do the same thing with an alarm siren or any horn.

This tactic wouldn't help if they clone your keyfob. But honestly that's not how they are stealing these. Lots of surveillance video's online. They disable the horn then just break the door lock. They do the same method if they are just trying to steal stuff in the cab. So kill switches or throttle devices would help. But lots of time they break into them just to look for guns, laptops, ect. Anything of value. In those cases a kill switch isn't going to do anything. Console safe is useless too. Few videos on the facebook groups of those being gotten into in a few seconds. Seen one on the AT4 group where they hit like 8 trucks in a parking lot. He had a console safe and on the video they were in and out of his truck in less then a min. Luckily his pistol was on him. But they ended up getting several pistols out the other trucks.

I have a post on here on the train horn I have in my truck. But as far as tapping into the factory train horn wire that's nothing. Anyone can do it. If you look at some of the videos of them stealing these trucks. You will see they go through the drivers side fender well liner and cut the factory horn wires. They then pop the lock and get in the cab. They basically set the alarm off, But since they cut those wires first there is no sound. All I did was tap into those wires at a different location. Connected them to a relay and I have a switch in the truck that allows me to still use the factory horn if I want, But default is my train horn. The idea is they will still cut the factory horn wires and think they are safe to pop the lock and open the door. But when they do so, a 147db train horn goes off, lol. You could actually do the same thing with an alarm siren or any horn.

This tactic wouldn't help if they clone your keyfob. But honestly that's not how they are stealing these. Lots of surveillance video's online. They disable the horn then just break the door lock. They do the same method if they are just trying to steal stuff in the cab. So kill switches or throttle devices would help. But lots of time they break into them just to look for guns, laptops, ect. Anything of value. In those cases a kill switch isn't going to do anything. Console safe is useless too. Few videos on the facebook groups of those being gotten into in a few seconds. Seen one on the AT4 group where they hit like 8 trucks in a parking lot. He had a console safe and on the video they were in and out of his truck in less then a min. Luckily his pistol was on him. But they ended up getting several pistols out the other trucks.
That's disappointing! I thought a console safe would provide better protection than that. I guess these losers spend a lot of time learning hoe to steal from us at every angle. It does meet the carry law in my state though. Which states that you have to have your pistol locked in a safe when stored in an unattended vehicle.

Many thanks for the information.

It is designed to put it into lock mode, valet mode or any mode you want and take the dash mounted controller with you. The electronics/brain that controls the throttle are actually in the part that plugs into the pedal and not the control console.
Much appreciated! 🫡

Most Member Reactions

Back