Adding Viofo A119 Mini 2

Byrds8

Reaction score
Now that my windows will be getting tinted tomorrow, I will actually install the dash cam that came out of my Jeep. In the Jeep, I had aux switches so there was wiring under the dash on the passenger side that I hooked the cam up to. Is there anywhere like that in this truck? If there is no good way, I guess I'll have to buy the fuse kit and run it to the battery. Let me know please and thank you.

Paging @securityguy

I used that thread as a reference and tapped into the fuses on the passenger side. It was pretty easy to do. But I did have to order a micro 3 fuse tap because I wasn’t able to track one down locally and it wasn’t included in the fuse tap kit with the dash cam.

Paging @securityguy

I used that thread as a reference and tapped into the fuses on the passenger side. It was pretty easy to do. But I did have to order a micro 3 fuse tap because I wasn’t able to track one down locally and it wasn’t included in the fuse tap kit with the dash cam.
That is correct. You always have to order the fuse taps and the three way versions aren't the norm so more expense and harder to find.

So in other words, there is no where to wire direct like in the Jeep.

The link below has the fuse adapters offered by the manufacturer. I guess I should ask which of these would work with the truck? I am unsure how to wire this in now as before the wires were just right there lol.

The link below has the fuse adapters offered by the manufacturer. I guess I should ask which of these would work with the truck? I am unsure how to wire this in now as before the wires were just right there lol.
I am not understanding the issue here???

Nope no pre-run stubs that you can’t tap into under the dash that go through the firewall making life easier. One of the very few things i miss about my JLUR is the factory programmable switch bank that was pre-run under the dash and under the hood.

I don’t know which will work with the truck. I saw you said you ran it down the A pillar to the fuse panel. Did you have multiple connections to tap into the fuse panel?

I don’t know which will work with the truck. I saw you said you ran it down the A pillar to the fuse panel. Did you have multiple connections to tap into the fuse panel?
You need a constant battery; switched ignition and ground. Three connections if you want parking mode to function.

What fuses did you use for connections? What type of fuse taps fit? Micro mini etc? I assume I could just use the ground I used for the sub today. Also, since it has the box for setting up battery voltage for the the parking monitor, where did you put yours?

I did mine a little different. I ran it along the headliner, behind the A pillar, under the floor mat, under the seat, and up and into the armrest. I used a USB-C to cigarette lighter adapter for my power. Not exactly the same as tapping a fuse, but it is well hidden and does the job

You’ll need a micro 3 and a micro 2 fuse tap, the above link has pictures or the fuses can be found with a test light.

I’m not sure how big the box is, it might fit above the fuse box but under the dash.

I did mine a little different. I ran it along the headliner, behind the A pillar, under the floor mat, under the seat, and up and into the armrest. I used a USB-C to cigarette lighter adapter for my power. Not exactly the same as tapping a fuse, but it is well hidden and does the job
And by doing that you get no parking mode which defeats half the purpose of having a dash cam.

What fuses did you use for connections? What type of fuse taps fit? Micro mini etc? I assume I could just use the ground I used for the sub today. Also, since it has the box for setting up battery voltage for the the parking monitor, where did you put yours?
Thanks to @amateurhour for posting my install pics in the above link. His fuse tap information is spot on. Set the box to 12.0V or 12.2V and see how that works out. You should be fine at that voltage setting. For a ground, you can ground the black wire to the metal dash support that is right next to the fuse panel.

Thanks to @amateurhour for posting my install pics in the above link. His fuse tap information is spot on. Set the box to 12.0V or 12.2V and see how that works out. You should be fine at that voltage setting. For a ground, you can ground the black wire to the metal dash support that is right next to the fuse panel.
Ordered the Micro 2 and 3 as suggested. Wont be here til Monday. Guess I know what my after work project is then lol.

When the USB fuse location is used for switched power, that means when the truck is not on, no power is there correct? If so, which one are you using for constant?

Reactions: AXE
All connected and working. Thanks for all the help and input. Much appreciated. It may need to be "straightened" but I'll check that later. Every time I connect to the cam, the phone switches back to CarPlay instead. LOL.

All connected and working. Thanks for all the help and input. Much appreciated. It may need to be "straightened" but I'll check that later. Every time I connect to the cam, the phone switches back to CarPlay instead. LOL.
You have to turn CarPlay off on your phone before connecting to the camera. They are all like that. Happy to hear you got it all working and happy to help you my friend!

You have to turn CarPlay off on your phone before connecting to the camera. They are all like that. Happy to hear you got it all working and happy to help you my friend!
Thanks. I just grabbed a cable and hooked it up that way. Wired overrides wireless. Now the Cam is re-set up. I will eventually have to find my spare static cling as this one is kinda gnarly.

Most Member Reactions

Back