A/C seems to take a long time to get going

The only two "modern" options I like in these trucks is air conditioned seats and SiriusXM. They can keep the rest.
I like my 16 dollar a month wifi. Back in 2017 in Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee I could never get cell phone reception in a lot of back country. Wifi calling and travel maps never seemed to fail. Always carried hard maps just in case. 😀. I guess thats what you did in the old days. I remember having to stop and use pay phones and get final directions
To relatives and then mark paper or map with landmarks.

Warm front moved in today! Shut my water heater off.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20240708_160218_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20240708_160218_Gallery.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 4
I actually thought my seats blew more cool air than previous models. I think the problem here is heat soak when we're running +10F over normal temps. They don't feel cool, cause it takes so long to chill leather, foam, seat frame etc.
This, I find if the dash gets heat soaked it just takes too long to recover if your only driving 15-20 minutes at a crack.

Yeah the ambient temp thermometer is never right, reads way high. It hit 118 today about 5 PM, but when I took this picture it was only about 113. After about 1.5 hrs of driving it did drop about 5 degrees.

Attachments

• 20240708_143120.jpg
    20240708_143120.jpg
    331.6 KB · Views: 12
Mine cools fairly quickly but considering all the duct work is baking in 120* temps it's not too bad.
My issue is the fan does it's own thing.
Can't figure it out.
If I shut truck off with fan on high it will come on half speed and then lower itself even with temp set on LO.
Drive for a bit and fan comes on high.
Remote start is consistent. Comes on high and then fan lowers when you actually start truck.

It's been hot here in Seattle area, and hen I get in the ZR2 it seems to take the A/C quite awhile to get rolling. The wife even was playing with the controls, seemed to be better with the fan turned all the way on high. ( Captain Obvious I guess but I always leave it in Auto )
My Colorado blows cold within seconds, same with the Avalanche..
I understand airflow and cooling, and know that until you get air flow across the radiator it cant shed much heat....
I seem to remember a setting in the menu options of 'fan on low when radio? something was on? Am I hallucinating?!
Thanks for the advice in advance!

I had to have my entire system replaced at about 15k. The compressor went and the seals blew. Warranty fixed so no issues.
Works absolutely wonderful now though! Like @AXE said, the seats take a while to catch up, but it gets around 120° here everyday in summer months. On longer trips (over 30-45 minutes) the seats feel good though.

Well seems it's doing what it's supposed to, they recommended NOT using AUTO when trying to cool things in a hurry. Put it in manual and hi cool... Makes sense, I kinda had that feeling....
Also the seats are cooling as per factory, which he admitted was shitty...
They did find the radio update, won't know if it changes anything as I don't have time to pick up the rig til tomorrow!
Wish it had a more dramatic ending but at least it was checked out under warranty!!

Mine cools fairly quickly but considering all the duct work is baking in 120* temps it's not too bad.
My issue is the fan does it's own thing.
Can't figure it out.
If I shut truck off with fan on high it will come on half speed and then lower itself even with temp set on LO.
Drive for a bit and fan comes on high.
Remote start is consistent. Comes on high and then fan lowers when you actually start truck.

Well seems it's doing what it's supposed to, they recommended NOT using AUTO when trying to cool things in a hurry. Put it in manual and hi cool... Makes sense, I kinda had that feeling....
They did find the radio update, won't know if it changes anything as I don't have time to pick up the rig til tomorrow!
Wish it had a more dramatic ending but at least it was checked out under warranty!!
good news.

Good info.
I think the cool seats work good.
Although it's 118 today in AZ and even if it was blowing 100* air it would feel good lol

Good info.
I think the cool seats work good.
Although it's 118 today in AZ and even if it was blowing 100* air it would feel good lol
That's way to hot for this Seattle born dude!
75* here is perfect!
Going to the NHRA Nationals here in less than 2 weeks, if it's more that the 70's it's brutal. No shade to speak of and the track faces due West, I usually come home looking like a racoon!

75* here is perfect!
Going to the NHRA Nationals here in less than 2 weeks, if it's more that the 70's it's brutal. No shade to speak of and the track faces due West, I usually come home looking like a racoon!
We haven't seen 70s since 3 AM in April.

75* here is perfect!
Most days in the summertime it doesn't even get below 100° at night

for the seats cooling concern, I am curious if its the holes in the seat being plugged up. In my 22', the passenger seat works 10 fold better than the driver seat. 1/2 of the 16k miles on the truck has only been the driver, you can even see the wear difference in the leather. On my next detail I am going to spend some time with a tooth pick and see if that helps the air flow.

for the seats cooling concern, I am curious if its the holes in the seat being plugged up. In my 22', the passenger seat works 10 fold better than the driver seat. 1/2 of the 16k miles on the truck has only been the driver, you can even see the wear difference in the leather. On my next detail I am going to spend some time with a tooth pick and see if that helps the air flow.
i would also check that flim flam vent underneath seat making sure its not blocked. stupid JV system. imo, vent should shroud the fan.

Most Member Reactions

Back