A/C seems to take a long time to get going

hwprouty

Reaction score
It's been hot here in Seattle area, and hen I get in the ZR2 it seems to take the A/C quite awhile to get rolling. The wife even was playing with the controls, seemed to be better with the fan turned all the way on high. ( Captain Obvious I guess but I always leave it in Auto )
My Colorado blows cold within seconds, same with the Avalanche..
I understand airflow and cooling, and know that until you get air flow across the radiator it cant shed much heat....
I seem to remember a setting in the menu options of 'fan on low when radio? something was on? Am I hallucinating?!
Thanks for the advice in advance!

It's only 175 when you get in your car here! It'll cool down in October tho.
1720313902592.gif

It's been hot here in Seattle area, and hen I get in the ZR2 it seems to take the A/C quite awhile to get rolling. The wife even was playing with the controls, seemed to be better with the fan turned all the way on high. ( Captain Obvious I guess but I always leave it in Auto )
My Colorado blows cold within seconds, same with the Avalanche..
I understand airflow and cooling, and know that until you get air flow across the radiator it cant shed much heat....
I seem to remember a setting in the menu options of 'fan on low when radio? something was on? Am I hallucinating?!
Thanks for the advice in advance!
been high 80's and 90's here with lots of humidity. my rig starts to blow cold after a minute. use recirc and go manual mode.

Only 138 for the afternoon drive. But it cooled to 137 after I remote started it, so it wasn't too bad.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20240707_172947_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20240707_172947_Gallery.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 5
Good luck😀 keep us updated 😀
I find my seats lack the power of past models. Heat works fast. Definitely in favor for cooler climates.
I actually thought my seats blew more cool air than previous models. I think the problem here is heat soak when we're running +10F over normal temps. They don't feel cool, cause it takes so long to chill leather, foam, seat frame etc.

Most Member Reactions

Back