2024 Chevy Silverado 1500 zr2

ma2024zr2

Reaction score
Only have 2,300 miles on it already here lifter tick when I first start it in morning and transmission has already gaven me 2 shutters where it basically slippes and dosent catch first gear has anyone else had these problems so soon I’m very upset it was 80 k truck and I think I should be dealing with this stress so soon pls let me know what anyone thinks or if anyone has had similar issues

Honestly, you should schedule an appt with the dealership to look at it. These things are so complex now that there isn’t much diagnostics you can do on your own for an average Joe.

My CEL came on at 1500 miles and of course I assumed the lifters gave out. My dealership got me in the next day and back on the road. I had a loose ground wire connector. I went on a 2400 mile round trip the next day it ran like a champ.

I hope it all works out for you. 👍

Only have 2,300 miles on it already here lifter tick when I first start it in morning and transmission has already gaven me 2 shutters where it basically slippes and dosent catch first gear has anyone else had these problems so soon I’m very upset it was 80 k truck and I think I should be dealing with this stress so soon pls let me know what anyone thinks or if anyone has had similar issues
welcome to the forum. def sched a dealer appt. chk your engine oil.

Listen to @ZR2NYC ...the man's brilliant and knows his stuff ;)

Just because you hear a tick on start up doesn't mean it's lifters. and a transmission shutter doesn't mean certain trouble.

I would drive it until something becomes more obvious that's what a warranty is for. unless the problem is consistent or it throws a code you're wasting your time and the dealers to chase ghosts.

Sorry to hear your luck so far..
Yes for some dumb reasons I purchased one with the diesel and it was a basket case! Lemon law !!!
So I got talked into another one...lol
Was said to get a deal but all the GM executive customer service people lie!!
And I lost 30k...
Almost walked out..but bit the bullet and bought another..lol And yes it's a gasser and it too is junk!
I've bought many GM Vehicles in my lifetime and I'm all done!
Wish you best of luck

Yes for some dumb reasons I purchased one with the diesel and it was a basket case! Lemon law !!!
And I lost 30k...
Almost walked out..but bit the bullet and bought another..lol And yes it's a gasser and it too is junk!
Wish you best of luck
So what truck would you buy next? Curious :unsure: I actually had very good luck with my RAMs. Not a Ford guy as I just don't care for the exterior or interior at all. Tundra's not quite there yet IMPO so that's out for me too.

I have to agree about the two alternatives.
I own a 2010 Gen One Raptor 6.2 and it has over 170k on it , Put stainless works headers, 95mm throttle body, Custom Cams and supports springs retainer and locks..
Performance brakes , Icon 3.0 's and so much more...fun ,fun ,fun since new ..yes did it all new and four wheel dynoed. Gotta say it's been rock solid.
I raced Chevy....all my life ....and wanted the Chevy for a new project but they are so much off the mark it's laughable...
GM is definitely broken!

And I lost 30k...
Wish you best of luck
It just pisses me of to hear this shit, cause it can't be that hard to make people whole. This is the same group of corporate hacks that decided eating $30k per EV would "fix our climate", if we just destroyed the Earth a little more making unsustainable products that nobody wants and will fill the landfills with waste quicker than ever.

The Tundras look good, but yeah the interior feels and looks really cheap compared to the other fullsize trucks. I want to the Autoshow and was able to check them all out together

The turbos are going bad prematurely and, the ONLY way to replace them, since they are on the back side of the engine, is to pull the cab away from the frame. Not sure how comfortable I'd be having the entire body lifted off the frame to gain access to the motor to replace my turbos :unsure:

The turbos are going bad prematurely and, the ONLY way to replace them, since they are on the back side of the engine, is to pull the cab away from the frame. Not sure how comfortable I'd be having the entire body lifted off the frame to gain access to the motor to replace my turbos :unsure:
friend at work bought a 24 tu
friend at work got a 24 tacoma sport. looks ok from the outside. have not seen a new tundra.

Most Member Reactions

Back