What have you done to your Silverado ZR2 this week? šŸ› ļø

Along with recent 50cal antenna and bulletpoint phone holder mods, I just added these as well. DEM diesel locking gas and def caps (amazing quality), sport pedals, cargo net, and 20% front tint. Next up, WellVisors vent visors, tonneau cover (not sure which one yet), and maybe wrap.
Check your seal on that fuel cap. Mine was loose and eventually fell off. I contacted them and they said they had a bad batch of seals with incorrect ID. They sent me another seal in a few days.

Check your seal on that fuel cap. Mine was loose and eventually fell off. I contacted them and they said they had a bad batch of seals with incorrect ID. They sent me another seal in a few days.
I actually called them this morning to ensure I had the gasket in the correct orientation. Mine fits snug and I canā€™t imagine it falling off, so it appears to be one of the new ones. BEM told me to ensure the flat side of the seal sits against the cap butt end, and the open ā€œUā€ side faces the filler neck. Maybe thatā€™s obvious to most but I wanted to make sure itā€™s right. After hand tightening as far as it would go and then locking down, there is a slight amount of play left to right. I called BEM back again lol, and was told the play is normal and how it was designed. I love it and feel much better about potential hooligans trying to pour crap down my gas or def tanks. Now, I need to figure out how to secure my gas tank.

What kind of neighborhood do you live in :oops:
lol, actually I live in a great neighborhood. BUT, when I venture out to upstate NY destinations or drive a couple of hours south near NY City, I want to be as prepared as possible. The Army taught me to prepare and be proactive, so that I donā€™t have to react after damage has already been done. So, if I can deter would be hooligans in any way possible regardless of geographical location, then I will do so (y). If anything, it helps me sleep better at night.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20240629_154242_Reddit.jpg
    SmartSelect_20240629_154242_Reddit.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 23
lol, actually I live in a great neighborhood. BUT, when I venture out to upstate NY destinations or drive a couple of hours south near NY City, I want to be as prepared as possible. The Army taught me to prepare and be proactive, so that I donā€™t have to react after damage has already been done. So, if I can deter would be hooligans in any way possible regardless of geographical location, then I will do so (y). If anything, it helps me sleep better at night.
Come to Indiana where Claymores are legal! šŸ˜€ Tends to deter folksā€¦

Hit 1700 miles and went in for my free service. They where glad to do it early. Looked at me a little funny but treated me like a king. Oil change tire, rotation, lube, fill my def. , Inspection. They found a a few Recalls that previous didnt show up. It required updates to ECM and warning sensor updates. They said the ECM one would adjust my trans, possible better shift points? Other was about trouble sensors incorrectly not displaying. Either way truck has run great and still has me smiling. I have 12 services that I prepaid but used one included with truck. Glad to see they proactive because I had no recalls show up when I searched the VIN a few days earlieršŸ˜€
sounds like you have a good dealer...spread the word.

Most Member Reactions

Back