what comes with dark essentials package?

grouseman

Reaction score
just about to receive a 2024 2500 HD ZR2 and the truck was supposed to come with the dark essentials package... should the 2500hd badge on the side doors not be black?

Attachments

• IMG_9795.jpeg
    IMG_9795.jpeg
    446.1 KB · Views: 50
just about to receive a 2024 2500 HD ZR2 and the truck was supposed to come with the dark essentials package... should the 2500hd badge on the side doors not be black?
Mine is and I didn't have the dark essentials package. However, my ZR2 badge was chrome, gray, red.

There was a customer service program announced a while back to address the shortage of dark badges during manufacturing. You should be able to find it in this site or ask your service advisor to look it up. They will get you the right badges.

I selected the dark essential package with my truck and all the badging came Gloss black with only 1 exception and that's the hood louvers which are chrome. Kinda of annoying but that's how it came.

Aren’t the black badges one of the “dealer installed” options?
They were on my wife's Tahoe and they fucked up the paint taking off the gold logo, so I made them repaint the rear lift gate. Then they put the new TAHOE emblem on off center. I told them to fuck off and got $500 shop credit, so I went to their sister dealership and fixed the ball joints on my older Duramax.

It's possible, but if I can remember correctly I believe I chose that option from GM's vehicle packages.
Right, but some things that you order on the truck aren’t installed at the factory, but at the dealer after it arrives. Probably an assembly line thing that doing something “differential” slows down the line, etc.

Reactions: AXE

Most Member Reactions

Back