Under Seat Storage with Factory Sub-woofer.

Robertw121

Reaction score
I've really been needing some more storage in the cab for everyday things. I have the factory sub installed under the seat which I would prefer to keep. When looking under the rear seats there is so much unused space under the seat even around the front and top of the sub box and jack divider. Does anyone have experience modifying something like the rough country plastic storage box to fit the sub and still take advantage of the extra space that these aftermarket storage boxes offer? (they look like they extend out towards the front of the cab more and up towards the bottom of the seat by several inches) I'm trying to determine if its possible to install the storage box and trim/cut it to slide the sub box into that. thanks!

Not sure what kind of look or functionality your looking for, but if you're not carrying passengers often, these seat back storage systems work pretty well.

My boy had some in his Tacoma and they held a lot of his gear. His were higher quality, but not sure of the brand.

Limited-time deal: MAIKER Tactical Car Seat Back Organizer, Upgrade Tactical Vehicle Panel Organizer with 5 Detachable Molle Pouch, Universal fits for Most of Vehicle Black https://a.co/d/aXALfvD

Someone on here modified their factory underseat storage to fit with the sub. I did the same after seeing that post. Doesnt give a lot of space but it does provide some.

Attachments

• IMG_0982.jpeg
    IMG_0982.jpeg
    409.8 KB · Views: 80
Someone on here modified their factory underseat storage to fit with the sub. I did the same after seeing that post. Doesnt give a lot of space but it does provide some.
That's exactly how mine looks, whoever had the truck before me did decent install.

There is just so much unused space there lol

Reactions: AXE
Not much else for under the seat I don’t believe. Could go with what Axe suggested and use the rear of the fronts.

I installed the sub and took the storage piece out. That storage thing itself wastes a bunch of space. I just keep stuff in tool bags and put under the passenger side seat, that gives me much more useable space. Something with a thin wall that goes all the way to the front edge of the seat would be nice, but I’m good with using the space the sub creates for smaller things not in bags and tool bags under the open portion.

Also, if you have a tonneau cover you might consider some in bed storage. I ginned up this Milwaukee packout system mounted to the bed. It is working really well and very convenient. Expensive, but it'll last and you can take it with you. It leaves the space under my seat available for items that I only take occasionally or pick up from the store.

Attachments

• 20230228_191156.jpg
    20230228_191156.jpg
    361.9 KB · Views: 40
Thanks for the suggestions fellas, I think a long term solution is going to be getting a good tonneau cover but they are so damn expensive lol In the mean time I ordered a cheap knock off eBay underseat organizer, and I am using it as a template for making my own organizer. Just from chopping up the ebay one I can see there is a TON of room to take advantage of. It might be a fun project, I'll update. Thanks again!

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back