Tons of scratches on infotainment screen. How to remove?

JDN4525

Reaction score
I have a 6 month old ZR2 and there are tons of scratches on the infotainment screen. It's pretty bad where the home button is. I ordered a screen protector, but would like to remove the scratches before applying the protector. From my research, if you use Scratch Doctor or PlastX, it will destroy the touch screen. Anyone know what can be done? Wish I used a screen protector on day one.

I have a 6 month old ZR2 and there are tons of scratches on the infotainment screen. It's pretty bad where the home button is. I ordered a screen protector, but would like to remove the scratches before applying the protector. From my research, if you use Scratch Doctor or PlastX, it will destroy the touch screen. Anyone know what can be done? Wish I used a screen protector on day one.
go old school and try some tooth paste
old school...try toothpaste using circular motion.

So I don't know how deep the scratches are. I would think they would be very light. Plexus works great on light scratches. It's what I use to use on motorcycle visors and plastic sxs windshields. It's used on aircraft windows also. Might be worth a try.

Something ain't right with that screen. If your screen is that soft that your getting scratches it should be a warranty fix. Unless you're pushing on it with debris on your hands or gloves, there is no reason it should scratch easily.

I would request a warranty replacement before any attempts to fix it. You start rubbing on it, your likely to have a bigger mess and then you own it.

Last edited:
I purchased the screen protector from amazon a few weeks before I even got the truck. Best form of insurance to protect the screen. With that said, my buddy had a few scratches on his and after he installed the protector you can't hardly see them. Just make sure the cure isn't worse than the illness.

I did the same thing with the screen protector. I bought one off of amazon before I even got the truck. I peeled the factory film off and put the screen protector on, lol. But I'm just paranoid, I do the same thing with new phones or tablets. I'll put a case and screen protector on it before I use the device. If yours is scratched up that bad though. I'd bet you wiped it down with a cloth that had dirt or something course on it already. I can't imagine your finger scratching it like that. I doubt a dealer would warranty it, Might be worth a try though. If not I'd try the plexus. It really does work well on plastic and it won't hurt it. I've used it on TVs and computer monitors. I keep a few cans of it and use it on anything plastic. I wiped down an entire Polaris RZR with it before I sold it before. Made it look brand new, lol

I did the same thing with the screen protector. I bought one off of amazon before I even got the truck. I peeled the factory film off and put the screen protector on, lol. But I'm just paranoid, I do the same thing with new phones or tablets. I'll put a case and screen protector on it before I use the device. If yours is scratched up that bad though. I'd bet you wiped it down with a cloth that had dirt or something course on it already. I can't imagine your finger scratching it like that. I doubt a dealer would warranty it, Might be worth a try though. If not I'd try the plexus. It really does work well on plastic and it won't hurt it. I've used it on TVs and computer monitors. I keep a few cans of it and use it on anything plastic. I wiped down an entire Polaris RZR with it before I sold it before. Made it look brand new, lol
Which screen protector did you go with?

Is there a screen protector on there from the factory? Is that what you're seeing?

Most Member Reactions

Back