Strange noise in the transmission when idling in park in cold start

HotChiliRam

Reaction score
Hello, A few weeks ago I remote started the truck and when I came close I heard an awful clunking noise that came from the tranny I guess, I haven't take it to the dealer yet but wanted to ask here if anyone has experienced something similar and what was the problem.
I attached a video so you can hear the noise.

Attachments

• ZR2 Failure light.mov
    10.6 MB
Reactions: AXE
Hello, A few weeks ago I remote started the truck and when I came close I heard an awful clunking noise that came from the tranny I guess, I haven't take it to the dealer yet but wanted to ask here if anyone has experienced something similar and what was the problem.
The trucks not moving...you sure that's the tranny???

Not sure, but when I put it in drive the sound stopped

Do a search, I think someone else reported a problem like this.

Hello, just to close this problem, the dealer found the what was causing the noise that I showed, it was a rock that got caught between the transmission and the transmission cover, that's the reason the truck never faliled, and made the noise intermittently.

Hello, just to close this problem, the dealer found the what was causing the noise that I showed, it was a rock that got caught between the transmission and the transmission cover, that's the reason the truck never faliled, and made the noise intermittently.
Wouldnt it be nice if a stuck rock was what caused all of the odd noises lol

Most Member Reactions

Back