SILVERADO EV RST

IF I were to buy electric today? It would be a car for local use only. Not a truck. Simply no use vs Cost and limited use. When batteries last 1k miles and includes towing? Maybe. The time spent on the charger vs putting in work? Nope. Not happening.
Exactly! Also in the winter with the wind and cold up here, you lose a third of the range right off the top. Its not safe here to be stranded with a dead car you cant boost or fill up or get running. They have their place as city cars, and being able to park by an outlet over night to charge. If you park on the street then you'll have to spend your time finding a charger.

I feel for my kids and grandkids with the random disposal site explosions that will happen in 30-50 years as these batteries fail or are being taken apart for disposal of some sort. but then again, master plans being what they are, LOTS of money to be made solving problems created by the same people...

Exactly! Also in the winter with the wind and cold up here, you lose a third of the range right off the top. Its not safe here to be stranded with a dead car you cant boost or fill up or get running. They have their place as city cars, and being able to park by an outlet over night to charge. If you park on the street then you'll have to spend your time finding a charger.
Exactly. I think Hybrid is the way to go. Relying on electricity on a already stressed power grid is also another reason. We have seen quite a bit more grid failures recently. What then? If the Government decides to shut down a region of Malcontents? Turn off the power. 😂😂

I feel for my kids and grandkids with the random disposal site explosions that will happen in 30-50 years as these batteries fail or are being taken apart for disposal of some sort. but then again, master plans being what they are, LOTS of money to be made solving problems created by the same people...
But wait, isn't electric supposed to be Eco friendly? Yeah, all these heavy metals they are mining are going to have a different impact. Food for thought? Why do they have cancer clusters around electric sub stations/power stations? Gotta wonder what surrounding yourself with an electric field does to your body? Just a random thought

Exactly. I think Hybrid is the way to go. Relying on electricity on a already stressed power grid is also another reason. We have seen quite a bit more grid failures recently. What then? If the Government decides to shut down a region of Malcontents? Turn off the power. 😂😂
I read this article the other day and sadly had to chuckle... because those in the area that jumped on the bandwagon of "electric is so much better and affordable" got a massive wake up call. Even worse, EV wasn't even mentioned...

https://ktla.com/news/money-business/why-is-my-electric-bill-so-shocking/

But wait, isn't electric supposed to be Eco friendly? Yeah, all these heavy metals they are mining are going to have a different impact. Food for thought? Why do they have cancer clusters around electric sub stations/power stations? Gotta wonder what surrounding yourself with an electric field does to your body? Just a random thought
Birth of the real X-Men!!! *** queue cartoon theme music ***

A friend of mine works for the federal government in the 'emergency and disaster recovery' type department told me if, in my city, one person on every block purchased an electric car they would crash the grid if they went to charge them via their house infrastructure.

A friend of mine works for the federal government in the 'emergency and disaster recovery' type department told me if, in my city, one person on every block purchased an electric car they would crash the grid if they went to charge them via their house infrastructure.
916lzg-2.gif

They were so damn much fun! Battery life and charging was a problem 40 years ago......LOL.

I got my boys these when they were young. They were so much faster and more durable. Good times!
Still have one of mine.

Attachments

• IMG_2106.jpeg
    IMG_2106.jpeg
    248.4 KB · Views: 5
We added chargers at work for 8 vehicles. We had to install an additional
electric panel and feeds and that is for level 3 charging at 480 volt line voltage. At 120 volt you can wreck the power lone supply in a hurry with the additional amperage.

Reactions: AXE
Still have one of mine.
Nothing says serious Fn race gear like that Marlboro sticker on the hood! Dudes would be lighting up a lung dart and chugging a Bud in Victoria Lane.

I finally dumped my Hotshot and Ninja, as the plastics succumbed to the elements. I still have the boys Traxxis Slash trucks.....a couple batteries and I'm in business.

Most Member Reactions

Back