Sell the truck or store it?

ZR2

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I’m likely going out of the country for a year for work related assignment. I don’t think i can ship my beast with me which is the saddest thing.

So either i sell it or store it. Want to hear your advice. If i store it for a year, what are your recommendations? All i know is just disconnecting the battery. Would it be bad for a car to be off for a whole year without moving an inch.

Would love to hear your thoughts. Thank you 🌺

For me, I’d sell it. Storing it would be like putting money in a “savings” account with a negative interest rate (declining market value plus storage cost, assuming that would be on your dime).

Hey guys,

I’m likely going out of the country for a year for work related assignment. I don’t think i can ship my beast with me which is the saddest thing.

So either i sell it or store it. Want to hear your advice. If i store it for a year, what are your recommendations? All i know is just disconnecting the battery. Would it be bad for a car to be off for a whole year without moving an inch.

sell it and buy another one when you get back. no storage worries.

You could “store it” with one of the forum members. I’m sure somebody would volunteer to keep it running for you 😂. Realistically for that length of time I would probably sell it and get another one .

If you store it, I would run a tank of non ethanol high octane fuel through it and leave the battery connected with a voltage maintaining charger on it. Also clean it out so mice don't get hungry for your leftovers.

For me it would depend on how much I had put into the truck. With a relatively stock truck I would probably sell/buy. But since any mods or additions are unlikely to return any value if you have sunk significant money into expensive mods like ppf or a lift and wheels, etc, I would consider storing it.

In the past when I’ve stored vehicles I changed the oil, run fuel stabilizer through the system, and disconnected the battery and not had any issues. Rodents are a concern so unless the facility has a system in place to deter them you should.

Hey guys,

If it's paid off I would absolutely store it, if not what kind of depreciation loss will you take selling it? If you add that loss to the assumed increase in sticker prices a year from now, and you love your truck, it might benefit you to keep it even if it's still financed. If it's financed at a higher interest rate you can probably (hopefully) refinance it in a year or so at a lower interest rate. If interest rates drop and there is still a lot of inventory you could trade it in next year. I'm not an investment advisor, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Select😁

If it's paid off I would absolutely store it, if not what kind of depreciation loss will you take selling it? If you add that loss to the assumed increase in sticker prices a year from now, and you love your truck, it might benefit you to keep it even if it's still financed. If it's financed at a higher interest rate you can probably (hopefully) refinance it in a year or so at a lower interest rate. If interest rates drop and there is still a lot of inventory you could trade it in next year. I'm not an investment advisor, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Select😁
That kind of advice sounds more like you stayed at a Motel 6 :ROFLMAO:

I went on a 4 year overseas assignment - sold our house, cars and donated a good bit of our furniture. 15 months later we were back in the US due to COVID and had to buy everything at inflated prices. :mad:
Government just announced free Covid tests starting in September. I guess it's election season again.

Hey guys,

Would recommend keeping it if you can afford the payment while you are away for the year or it’s paid off. Sell it if you need the money and not the payment. 👍

Government just announced free Covid tests starting in September. I guess it's election season again.
IMG_2036.jpeg

Most Member Reactions

Back