Removable Assist Steps

How do you plan on attaching them? An oh BTW welcome, nice work.
The slots cut into my step align with the mounting location for the assist step sold by GM. I have used a carriage bolt from the outside mounting location through the bracket and my step secured with lock washer and bolt. The angle of the step mates the bottom edge with the mounting bracket for the assist step on the inside, so the contact points are the top of the rock slider and the bottom of the mounting bracket. I hope that explains it? Once I get them finished, I can post detailed pictures. Hopefully by the end of this coming week.

Thanks for the feedback. Everyone has been very welcoming and makes me glad that I have joined the forum.

Thanks. I have not thought about making them for sale. My initial concern would be the shipping as they weigh 8 lbs a piece. I included the drawing so you could take to a local shop to have them fabricated. I can also supply a dxf cad drawing if it makes it easier. If that doesn't work for you, then I could look into it. Let me know.

I realize I left a few dimensions off of the drawing. 😖 I will get a new one posted soon

I found someone local that can make them. I sent you a message with my email address.

Most Member Reactions

Back