Parking Garages

Odum

Reaction score
Have you parked in a parking garage? I think the zr2 will fit but could be close.

I have the 2500HD ZR2 and have parked in a few. My office garage (under our building in downtown Houston is 7ft (84.0” exactly at lowest spots - I took a tape measure and double checked before driving my truck down there), and it fits fine but only about an inch and a half clearance… so I drive slow!

Good to know! I’d imagine the 2500 sits a little higher than the 1500? Not entirely sure.

The only thing I ever had rub on the ceiling was the OEM antenna. I replaced it with a stubby and never looked back.
My antenna will just scrape a few of the concrete cross beams in another parking garage I go in frequently. Found a little rubber cap (1/2” long gloss black) that came off something, and it just fit over the antenna tip to keep it from scraping the paint off. Yeah, I’m a little OCD… 🤪

I replaced the oem antenna with short ones on prior trucks because they stuck 6-8” above the cab, but the one on this truck is only about an inch taller and doesn’t look bad IMHO. And it gives me just a bit of warning in garages!

A stock ZR2 HD will fit fine as long as they say at least 7' (84') If your radio Antenna hits STOP and triple check lol. Unlike the 1500s the antenna on the 2500s sit just a hair above the highest point on the truck. If it hits really good chance the roof will also. Truck is about 83" tall. The antenna is maybe 83.5. Give or take. Pretty much if your antenna hits back up.. Mine didn't fit in my garage when I first got it, so I got pretty familiar with clearances, lol. I've been in a few 7' parking garages since I got it. It is a little nerve racking, but it will fit. Knowing the antenna will hit first helps a lot, because the high point is actually the top of the cab just behind the sunroof.

I park in mine in downtown Dallas every day. I think it is 6'11". I was in one for a lunch meeting the other day that cleared the bar as you came in but man it was close. My antennae hit every support.

Most Member Reactions

Back