Oil specs and Warranty

I have used Mobil 1, but after much research, I found that Pennzoil Platinum fully synthetic is the best oil in my opinion. I changed my oil every 2 -2.5k NO MATTER WHAT! I use two quarts of fully synthetic Lucas oil stabilizer and six quarts of oil every change. About 24k mi and going strong. I am a huge fan of changing oil frequently and using the best products I can.
I've been using Pennzoil Platinum religiously for many years now. If you want to use oil that's moar better, you have to buy Amsoil ;)

Yes, Amasoil is good . Saw a video test showing Pennzoil better. The whole point is to change it way more often then suggested

Reactions: AXE
Even at 5K it can get very dirty, and not worth the long term wear. I try to never get past 3K max

You get what you pay for, maybe you don't need the best but it's there if you want it. I do.

Amsoil Signature and Redline are as good if not the best money can buy.

Not another one of these. They go no where with 10 or 15 suggestions and then you are more confused then when you started. Use a good quality motor oil, change often and you will be good to go.
Exactly why I posted #18.

So a question for all who think 3k is too soon. When was the least time you blew a motor because the oil was too clean. Sometimes peace of mind is worth a little extra expense.

5k with synthetic works well. 3k is overkill.
4k it is then.......LOL!

I don't disagree with 3k or 5k. Only way to know for sure is to have an oil analysis done at both intervals and see what changes. My tests looked pretty much the same on on a <3k and 5k change. Two different 6.2 motors tho, so not an exact comparo.

Last edited:
5k is overkill, 3k is ridiculous. and if you use better oil is super ridiculous.

If you want to know for sure you're doing all you can buy the best oil and change it at 5k. that's 20% of it's intended lifespan so if that's not good enough there's nothing you can do to save it.

@AXE where do you send off your oil to be analyzed. Please give me the link or address. I'm going to start doing that.

I have a 22 model. It seems like there's a lot more blown motors on the 23 and up. I see them posted All over social media.

@AXE where do you send off your oil to be analyzed. Please give me the link or address. I'm going to start doing that.

I have a 22 model. It seems like there's a lot more blown motors on the 23 and up. I see them posted All over social media.
https://www.blackstone-labs.com/

You buy a test kit, they ship it to you, you pull the sample and send it in. It takes a few weeks to get results. I think they are pretty booked up.

Most Member Reactions

Back