OBD Reassignment

OilManZR2

Reaction score
I am moving my OBD receptacle to a different location and I ran across this pigtail that has some added features and not sure what they are. The wiring and taps look like something a 5th grader might install. Surely this isn’t Onstar??????
IMG_4075.jpeg
IMG_4074.jpeg

I am moving my OBD receptacle to a different location and I ran across this pigtail that has some added features and not sure what they are. The wiring and taps look like something a 5th grader might install. Surely this isn’t Onstar??????
View attachment 15535View attachment 15536
I’m no expert but that looks like an harness for some aftermarket accessory

I refused to pay for any of the long list of BS Add-ons/up-charges that were already on the truck and made them stick to the OTD price I had in writing before I arrived. I guess since I didn’t pay for any of the items on that list I don’t get a copy of it. I remember seeing Nitrogen tires, itched vin, coating and other stupid shit that made me laugh out loud. I may never know what is on this truck. This dealership was awesome on the front end of this deal and treated me like shit on the backend of the deal. I may never know what kind of aftermarket parts were added by the dealership. I’ve written and called multiple people within this dealership and got nothing but promises.

View attachment 15535View attachment 15536
Something aftermarket that I would remove entirely if I were you.

I refused to pay for any of the long list of BS Add-ons/up-charges that were already on the truck and made them stick to the OTD price I had in writing before I arrived. I guess since I didn’t pay for any of the items on that list I don’t get a copy of it. I remember seeing Nitrogen tires, itched vin, coating and other stupid shit that made me laugh out loud. I may never know what is on this truck. This dealership was awesome on the front end of this deal and treated me like shit on the backend of the deal. I may never know what kind of aftermarket parts were added by the dealership. I’ve written and called multiple people within this dealership and got nothing but promises.
Yeah I’m in discussions now with a dealer, but they have a couple dealer ad ons that completely took away the offered discount. Leaving a bad taste. Probably gonna pass.

I’m sure you know, the real battle comes when you set down with the finance department. They are the ones that “try” and justify the BS.

TrueCar fellas......the price you see is the price you pay....not a penny more. Mine was listed 73,500....paid 73,500 plus tax. It's extremely important you speak to the TrueCar representative at the dealership and no one else! I learned that the hard way with the first dealership that I was going to purchase from.

I was at the bank getting a cashier's check to purchase it and the idiot I spoke with at the dealership called and said they had already sold it. Unfortunately he was not the TrueCar representative. When I went back to the listing on TrueCar they had raised the price over 5,000. I called TrueCar and they removed the dealership from their network. There's a federal law against that called bait and switch!

Last edited:
TrueCar fellas......the price you see is the price you pay....not a penny more. Mine was listed 73,500....paid 73,500 plus tax. It's extremely important you speak to the TrueCar representative at the dealership and no one else! I learned that the hard way with the first dealership that I was going to purchase from.

I was at the bank getting a cashier's check to purchase it and the idiot I spoke with at the dealership called and said they had already sold it. Unfortunately he was not the TrueCar representative. When I went back to the listing on TrueCar they had raised the price over 5,000. I called TrueCar and they removed the dealership from their network. There's a federal law against that called bait and switch!
You can save a Ton more than the True Car price😉

Not so much 1 1/2 yrs ago. You can still get some good prices on TrueCar if you're willing to travel to pick it up👍
Way better than haggling with the local dealer. They still are asking 85k to 95k for them here.

I guess the ZR2s are a lot more expensive where you live.

Most Member Reactions

Back