New ZR2 in DFW

Reaction score
Picked up a new ZR2 last weekend. Traded in my 2017 Z71. Really liking the truck so far and the cameras are nice. Ordered a lomax bed cover and AMP XL Powersteps that will go on in the coming weeks. That is all I have planned right now. I also have a 1996 Ford Bronco to tinker with and an old Ford 8N tractor I am trying to get running again.

IMG_3156.jpeg

Picked up a new ZR2 last weekend. Traded in my 2017 Z71. Really liking the truck so far and the cameras are nice. Ordered a lomax bed cover and AMP XL Powersteps that will go on in the coming weeks. That is all I have planned right now. I also have a 1996 Ford Bronco to tinker with and an old Ford 8N tractor I am trying to get running again.
Those Amp XLs might be a little low if you have them on 1500. They are just right in my 2500HD ZR2. I used the standard Amp steps in my 1500.

Those Amp XLs might be a little low if you have them on 1500. They are just right in my 2500HD ZR2. I used the standard Amp steps in my 1500.
Actually, I was wondering about the Amp XL as those are the only ones in stock, but if the extra drop is too much may have to wait

You can check out my threads on both the 1500 and 2500HD. It has some pictures and install wring information. Wiring into BCM is a PIA.

The xl frame is bulky and looks like a rock slider on the 2500HD, so it drops an extra 2.5-3 inches. Looks good on 2500HD cause the truck is huge and sits off the ground. On the 1500 it would look out of place and reduce clearance considerably.

Rough Country and someone else make auto steps. Different wiring, but I've seen decent reviews.

Last edited:
welcome

The dealer installed lowjack in my truck with a year free. I activated it and the app shows where I go and top speed. Any idea where it is located? I’m sure the Chevy app is somehow doing the same but I just don’t like it.

Most Member Reactions

Back