New Tuck!

clarkmwavi

Founding Member
Reaction score
Traded in the 1500 ZR2 for a 2500 ZR2.....love it! Got the Bison in Slate Gray, and it looks great! Drove it down to Eagle Pass to visit family and I feel like it drives/rides better than previous 2500s that I have owned in the past. Good Times...
IMG_4780.jpgIMG_4783.jpgIMG_4784.jpgIMG_4809.jpg

hi everyone i recently just got the 2500HD ZR2 and my dumbass forgot to ask the dealer what fuel type is best for this...maybe i can get some insight here? i forgot to ask because i was really excited about this

Since you said fuel, it must be a diesel otherwise it would be gas...... yes, no?

Anyway #2 diesel is everyday fuel at most stations. If you live where it gets cold in winter, you can run #1 diesel, 75/25, or 50/50 blends too. This will prevent gelling and freeze up when temps get below freezing.

If you fill up at truck stops or where farming/heavy equipment is a way of life, you will see pumps labeled as "offroad" or "dyed" diesel. It'll be red and is standard issue #2 diesel, which will be fine. However, you are not supposed to run that on roads/highways because it isn't taxed and it's lower cost. If you get caught, you'll get fined.

Depends on whether you got the 2500HD ZR2 “Tuck”……or the 2500HD ZR2 “Truck”. I’m just happy my “Tuck” mistake is back at the top of the list for all to see lmao…..Good times!

Since you said fuel, it must be a diesel otherwise it would be gas...... yes, no?

Anyway #2 diesel is everyday fuel at most stations. If you live where it gets cold in winter, you can run #1 diesel, 75/25, or 50/50 blends too. This will prevent gelling and freeze up when temps get below freezing.

If you fill up at truck stops or where farming/heavy equipment is a way of life, you will see pumps labeled as "offroad" or "dyed" diesel. It'll be red and is standard issue #2 diesel, which will be fine. However, you are not supposed to run that on roads/highways because it isn't taxed and it's lower cost. If you get caught, you'll get fined.
Sorry that’s my mistake i meant gas. fuel is just in my vocabulary since I’m a truck driver by trade

Most Member Reactions

Back