Mirrors out of Sync

Leon L

Reaction score
This past weekend after going down some roads that were unexpectedly overgrown with brush (got some nice custom "pinstriping"...) my passenger mirror, instead of folding in when the brush pushed on it, is now out of sync and doesn't open as far as it used to, and closes sooner than the drivers mirror. Is there any way to resync it other than a trip to the dealer? I looked on-line and it said to manual fold them, then use the power button to open and close them 3 times, but that didn't work.
Fyi - after that initial surprise, the mirrors were pretty much folded in the rest of the weekend, until I was back on pavement again.
Thank you

This past weekend after going down some roads that were unexpectedly overgrown with brush (got some nice custom "pinstriping"...) my passenger mirror, instead of folding in when the brush pushed on it, is now out of sync and doesn't open as far as it used to, and closes sooner than the drivers mirror. Is there any way to resync it other than a trip to the dealer? I looked on-line and it said to manual fold them, then use the power button to open and close them 3 times, but that didn't work.
Fyi - after that initial surprise, the mirrors were pretty much folded in the rest of the weekend, until I was back on pavement again.
Thank you
that is the sequence. are you 100% sure the mirror guts are not broken? i would manually pushing in once then power fold out once. try that a few times. a 10 minute battery disconnect would be my last option. good luck.

Other than being out of sync, it moves perfectly. i will try that sequence again a couple of more times and see if that fixes it and if not, I'll try the disconnecting the battery.
Thanks

Most Member Reactions

Back