Lifter Tap?

Byrds8

Reaction score
I get an occasional tapping when first starting up in the mornings. It isnt loud and doesnt sound like the injectors. It's never there when the vehicle is warmed up. It's also not very rhythmic to go along with any other sound. I know today I heard it do it once or twice after starting it up to go get the kids from school. Would this be a lifter going bad? Its running has not changed.

I get an occasional tapping when first starting up in the mornings. It isnt loud and doesnt sound like the injectors. It's never there when the vehicle is warmed up. It's also not very rhythmic to go along with any other sound. I know today I heard it do it once or twice after starting it up to go get the kids from school. Would this be a lifter going bad? Its running has not changed.
Trade it in...NOW!

If it is a consistent tick/tap that doesn’t follow the “rhythm” of engine RPM, high pressure fuel pump. Normal and can be pretty noisy on start up if the vehicle is on concrete.

Most Member Reactions

Back