LED License Plate Bulbs

Update: I have since changed the bulbs for the license plate post #16 and tried lasfit lights and I haven't seen any more flickering. Will update again if they start flickering again

Hello all, so just to confirm, my ‘24 HD ZR2 still has halogen back up lights even though it’s the new updating housing unit?
1720225765485.jpeg

Yep, look at your sticker. Mine showed a $50 credit for not having the full blown LEDs. The Amazon specials work great tho.
My window sticker doesn’t have a $50 credit but my truck does have the refreshed tail lamps as I showed above. However, it sounds like I still need to upgrade to LED reverse bulbs? Thanks!

Yeah. I think only some of my bulbs are LED. I think the only LEDs are parking lights and taillights. Even brake lights might be incandescent. Thanks for the $50 GM, you fucking crooks.

Team ZR2, upon checking it appears the refreshed tail lamps do indeed have reverse LED’s. I haven’t taken out my tail lamps yet, but upon inspecting the bulbs appear to be LED.

Edit: I just turned the truck on and put it in reverse and had my wife snap some shots. As I thought, they are indeed LED’s from the factory now on the refresh tail lamps. My build is 05/24 so I’m unsure of when they made the change. So, the question now is do I still insert the Alla lighting 6000k xenon white reverse bulbs that are so to arrive today?

Attachments

• IMG_2638.jpeg
    IMG_2638.jpeg
    287.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2639.jpeg
    IMG_2639.jpeg
    289.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2090.jpeg
    IMG_2090.jpeg
    158.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2089.jpeg
    IMG_2089.jpeg
    264.9 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Team ZR2, upon checking it appears the refreshed tail lamps do indeed have reverse LED’s. I haven’t taken out my tail lamps yet, but upon inspecting the bulbs appear to be LED.

Edit: I just turned the truck on and put it in reverse and had my wife snap some shots. As I thought, they are indeed LED’s from the factory now on the refresh tail lamps. My build is 05/24 so I’m unsure of when they made the change. So, the question now is do I still insert the Alla lighting 6000k xenon white reverse bulbs that are so to arrive today?
The Alla are really bright, I'd put one in and compare to the other. You can save the stockers if the Alla go to hell, you can go back to the stockers.

Also try them both at night with your rear camera. The Alla makes a difference on mine, but that camera compensates for low light to some degree anyway.

Are they actually "bulbs" or a circuit board with LEDs on them? Have you taken the tail lights out to take a closer look?

Are they actually "bulbs" or a circuit board with LEDs on them? Have you taken the tail lights out to take a closer look?
I'm pretty sure on mine LEDs are circuit board. You can see the box for the board on the housing. Only light that came out in a socket were incandescent.

Attachments

• 20240304_215156.jpg
    20240304_215156.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 20240304_215231.jpg
    20240304_215231.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 20240304_224051.jpg
    20240304_224051.jpg
    277.9 KB · Views: 13

Most Member Reactions

Back