Intro

SpankyZR2

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

Thanks for letting me join. I have been cyber stalking this page for a little while now and there’s some great info you all share.
I just bought a 2025 ZR2 Duramax and it’s my first diesel. Any advice for a first time diesel owner?
I love the truck and I am definitely going to out it through its paces with hauling. Thanks in advance for any tips or advice!

Attachments

• IMG_1422.jpeg
    IMG_1422.jpeg
    518.2 KB · Views: 14
Hello everybody,

Thanks for letting me join. I have been cyber stalking this page for a little while now and there’s some great info you all share.
I just bought a 2025 ZR2 Duramax and it’s my first diesel. Any advice for a first time diesel owner?
I love the truck and I am definitely going to out it through its paces with hauling. Thanks in advance for any tips or advice!
Do your first oil change at 1500 miles to get rid of that nasty "break in" oil. Use conventional 15W40 oil. Then do another at 5000k miles and you can use conventional or synthetic.

There is a noticeable change in fuel mileage that occurs around 1500-1800 miles. I think there is something in the programming that causes the trucks to run slightly rich probably to keep the cylinder head cooler during break in. You will see 10-13 mpg early, but should get 16+ mpg.

Do your first oil change at 1500 miles to get rid of that nasty "break in" oil. Use conventional 15W40 oil. Then do another at 5000k miles and you can use conventional or synthetic.

There is a noticeable change in fuel mileage that occurs around 1500-1800 miles. I think there is something in the programming that causes the trucks to run slightly rich probably to keep the cylinder head cooler during break in. You will see 10-13 mpg early, but should get 16+ mpg.
So I just turned 1600 miles my friend. Go for the first oil change now? My dealer is giving me 2 freebies...one from GM and the other by the dealer.

Reactions: AXE
So I just turned 1600 miles my friend. Go for the first oil change now? My dealer is giving me 2 freebies...one from GM and the other by the dealer.
May as well, or you can do it yourself for about $70. I would use the free one if they are only good for a short time. Diesel oil is some filthy shit too, so you need to take some extra time to lay down some protection on your driveway or garage floor. It stains like nothing else.

I did my first one early at 1000k, then 5000k , I'm now at about 9k and will do another with labs. Then go to every 5000k with synthetic. It worked well on my last two and never had an issue in 10+ years of owning them.

May as well, or you can do it yourself for about $70. I would use the free one if they are only good for a short time. Diesel oil is some filthy shit too, so you need to take some extra time to lay down some protection on your driveway or garage floor. It stains like nothing else.

I did my first one early at 1000k, then 5000k , I'm now at about 9k and will do another with labs. Then go to every 5000k with synthetic. It worked well on my last two and never had an issue in 10+ years of owning them.
Thanks...she's going in tomorrow for the free OC.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back