I got shot down.

Spoolin

Reaction score
I went to the dealer to try and get the Splash Screen update done on my truck.
Forgot who the member was, but they were nice enough to post the IPC how-to instructions that I took to the dealer to have their tech look at.

Apparently there's a bulletin out to not do the update on 2022 trucks. Grrrr... :cautious:

Attachments

• IPC How-to install.jpeg
    IPC How-to install.jpeg
    315.2 KB · Views: 154
  • IPC Does Not Display ZR2 Animation On Start Up.jpg
    IPC Does Not Display ZR2 Animation On Start Up.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Forgot who the member was, but they were nice enough to post the IPC how-to instructions that I took to the dealer to have their tech look at.

Apparently there's a bulletin out to not do the update on 2022 trucks. Grrrr... :cautious:
my attempt failed because tech did it over the air rather than hardwire like TSB instructs. i say if you really want it, pay for the download time.

Yeah I think it is dealers discretion. I got this instrument panel cluster update done last year without any extra cost. I think it is possible that earlier bulletin didn't have this exception for 2022. I still don't have one for the infotainment screen and not sure that even if new year models have it too.

Is this a latest bulletin?

I’m surprised GM took this long to start denying this as part of warranty. The splash screen being ZR2 started with the 23 model year.

Anyone who got it changed (including myself) got lucky the dealer was able to push it through before GM started kicking it back.

Looks like all of us will be SOL On the radio splash update as well.

Now that I think about it they had to change out the DIC for it to work!
I'd make 'em do it!
That’s probably because they cooked it. They cooked 3 clusters in my truck attempting to do it. The early Global B days for the T1’s was a disaster in terms of support and information available to the dealer.

There’s no “fail safe” ROM. Once they start a flash if anything happens or the MDI drops out it’s a cinderblock.

That’s probably because they cooked it. They cooked 3 clusters in my truck attempting to do it. The early Global B days for the T1’s was a disaster in terms of support and information available to the dealer.

There’s no “fail safe” ROM. Once they start a flash if anything happens or the MDI drops out it’s a cinderblock.
I didn't think of that, you're probably right!!

I got my 2022 done a couple of months ago. I told my dealer that mine used to have it and must have got changed with an OTA update. They updated it at no charge.
That's what I told them, also gave them the how-to in case their tech didn't know how to do it.
Dealer said they'd look into it and when I picked up the truck they gave me that bulletin that GM will no longer do that for the 2022 trucks.
So seems like it's a dead issue, at least at my local dealership.

I'm still having problems with my trailer brake controller and they said that the problem is with my trailer and not my truck which is BS. They didn't even try to look into the issue even though it was a recall last year. And to be clear they addressed the recall last year but it still didn't fix my trailer brake issue.
Now I have to bring a trailer to them in to show them that it isn't the trailer but the truck controller.

I was annoyed, this is why I hate stealerships.

That's what I told them, also gave them the how-to in case their tech didn't know how to do it.
Dealer said they'd look into it and when I picked up the truck they gave me that bulletin that GM will no longer do that for the 2022 trucks.

I'm still having problems with my trailer brake controller and they said that the problem is with my trailer and not my truck which is BS. They didn't even try to look into the issue even though it was a recall last year. And to be clear they addressed the recall last year but it still didn't fix my trailer brake issue.
Now I have to bring a trailer to them in to show them that it isn't the trailer but the truck controller.

If it were me I’d look for another dealer.

Same bullshit I heard. I get all kinds of issues with the trailer messages. I can go back and check all the trailer functions and they all work even though the the DIC spits out every error possible.

On the DIC update, I'm not surprised at all. I'm not sure how many posts I've seen online of guys getting it done and the cluster ends up dead and had to be replaced. But it's been A LOT of them lol. It's actually part of why I never had it done on my 22. Just didn't seem worth the hassle. I'm sure GM noticed how many clusters were getting trashed.

As far as the trailer brake problem. Take it to a different dealer. I was one of the first ones to get mine fixed. It was way before the recall or even the service bulletin. My dealer fixed mine in about 2 hours right after I got the truck. Back then everyone online was having trouble getting dealers to even recognize there was a problem. I didn't have to bring them a trailer, I even offered to. Unfortunately It can make a big difference dealer to dealer when it comes to trouble shooting and fixing problems.

On the DIC update, I'm not surprised at all. I'm not sure how many posts I've seen online of guys getting it done and the cluster ends up dead and had to be replaced. But it's been A LOT of them lol. It's actually part of why I never had it done on my 22. Just didn't seem worth the hassle. I'm sure GM noticed how many clusters were getting trashed.

As far as the trailer brake problem. Take it to a different dealer. I was one of the first ones to get mine fixed. It was way before the recall or even the service bulletin. My dealer fixed mine in about 2 hours right after I got the truck. Back then everyone online was having trouble getting dealers to even recognize there was a problem. I didn't have to bring them a trailer, I even offered to. Unfortunately It can make a big difference dealer to dealer when it comes to trouble shooting and fixing problems.
Do you know what they did to the trailer brake controller?
Did they swap it out?

I got mine changed out when they had to replace my steering wheel due to the threads unravelling. I made sure to tell them to hard wire it. When I got my truck back it was done no problem and no bill for it. I have a 2023 though.

Most Member Reactions

Back