Humming noise when idling 3.0L Duramax

@HighTechPauper, I think I figured it out! It is an actuator valve that increases back pressure to help the EGR valve recycle the exhaust.... So stupid emissions crap. See this Reddit thread.

Reddit thread
I’m still going to try and ask my parts department at the my dealership, that Reddit post is a little light on any detail. I already figured with location and an electrical connection it was either a flap or a sensor, so the search continues for a good explanation on what it might do. To help the EGR may be right, but I still want to do some more research on it. Thanks @TimelordLink, I appreciate the info!

I’m still going to try and ask my parts department at the my dealership, that Reddit post is a little light on any detail. I already figured with location and an electrical connection it was either a flap or a sensor, so the search continues for a good explanation on what it might do. To help the EGR may be right, but I still want to do some more research on it. Thanks @TimelordLink, I appreciate the info!
Let me know what you find.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back