Howdy from Florida

IMG_2972.jpeg

Attachments

• 70925438054__C5EF2C22-B2A7-400D-82F5-B76918D228EF.jpeg
    70925438054__C5EF2C22-B2A7-400D-82F5-B76918D228EF.jpeg
    486.1 KB · Views: 28
I’m a not lucky lotto winner. Lifters and cam shaft currently being replaced. Only been in a week at this point. What do you think my chances are this will fix it? Will I be back to have a full engine replacement? I’m only at about 12k mile sight now.

I’m a not lucky lotto winner. Lifters and cam shaft currently being replaced. Only been in a week at this point. What do you think my chances are this will fix it? Will I be back to have a full engine replacement? I’m only at about 12k mile sight now.
Interesting they are doing lifters and cam. Not sure I've heard that before. How they do a good job.

Make sure to vote in the lifter failure poll.

I don't know about longevitybecause not too many reports on higher mileage trucks, but I'd be running it really hard to find out before warranty expired. With any luck she goes at 35999.

Last edited:
official wecome!!! that sucks. should fight for new motor.

Usually if they say cam replacement there are a lot more parts that need replacing, a lot. It doesn't sound right.
For example cam is replaced because push rod slapped metal off it. Push rods and sleeve wear items are to be replaced as a wear set per gm. So you cant just do one unless you band aiding it. I won the lifter failure lottery in the past at 11k.

Usually if they say cam replacement there are a lot more parts that need replacing, a lot. It doesn't sound right.
For example cam is replaced because push rod slapped metal off it. Push rods and sleeve wear items are to be replaced as a wear set per gm. So you cant just do one unless you band aiding it. I won the lifter failure lottery in the past at 11k.
I only got 700 miles left!

I have a laundry list of questions for them, I will add some of these to it. I would like them to just replace the engine at this point. Thanks.

I have a laundry list of questions for them, I will add some of these to it. I would like them to just replace the engine at this point. Thanks.
This is a GM issue and dealer should have gave you number to get a GM case manager, to cover depreciation compensation, etc etc.

This is a GM issue and dealer should have gave you number to get a GM case manager, to cover depreciation compensation, etc etc.
Does anybody happen to have contact info for GM so I can start that kind of process with them?

Does anybody happen to have contact info for GM so I can start that kind of process with them?
I would maybe start here. Be frank with them. They do know if you get a lawyer they may be paying two or 3 times as much to settle claim. I have been through this and reached a fair
Claim reimbursement without having to get lawyers involved.

Attachments

• IMG_4972.jpeg
    IMG_4972.jpeg
    144.1 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
I would maybe start here. Be frank with them. They do know if you get a lawyer they may be paying two or 3 times as much to settle claim. I have been through this and reached a fair
Claim reimbursement without having to get lawyers involved.
Thanks for the info!

If GM hasn't changed the lifters they're using, then they are just replacing them with the same part that could fail again. I don't think anyone has heard that they've updated the lifters to mitigate the issues. I agree with what others said about the cam. More to it than just a lifter issue.

If GM hasn't changed the lifters they're using, then they are just replacing them with the same part that could fail again. I don't think anyone has heard that they've updated the lifters to mitigate the issues. I agree with what others said about the cam. More to it than just a lifter issue.
i wonder if the" bad batch" rumor has any truth.

I think that was true for the 2019-20 trucks. It wouldn't take 5 years to solve it. I think it's an inherent design issue and something is not done correctly during assembly. Some have it, some don't.
it starting to seem these failures are becoming scarce, not over by any means. think you may be right about assembly issue.

Most Member Reactions

Back