Hood Scoop

Byrds8

Reaction score
Is the hood scoop just black shiny plastic or is it painted? There is a pretty decent sized scratch on mine and would like to possibly fix it. If it's just painted plastic, I could get it buffed out like any other part of the vehicle I would think. If not, then I guess Id have to look at just wrapping it in matte black to get rid of it and the glare from it. Thanks for the input.

Is the hood scoop just black shiny plastic or is it painted? There is a pretty decent sized scratch on mine and would like to possibly fix it. If it's just painted plastic, I could get it buffed out like any other part of the vehicle I would think. If not, then I guess Id have to look at just wrapping it in matte black to get rid of it and the glare from it. Thanks for the input.
I believe that it is a plastic material.

Yep, I think someone posted that they messed theirs up trying to buff. That being said, maybe you can just wrap it or even repaint for low cost.

I asked the guy who did my window tint how much for a matte ppf.

440.00!
I thought the guy just didn’t want to do it. Then I found the matte 3M kit for our hood bulge and it was around 380.00 or so.
So would Matt PPF cover it up etc?

Reactions: AXE
So would Matt PPF cover it up etc?
It would depend on the scratch. I’ve seen a few matte over black paint ppf jobs at his shop. It looks really good on a Range Rover he did.
I might do it, I was just shocked at the price for just the bulge section.
I have to do something about the glare on the back side of that piece.

Most Member Reactions

Back