Hitch Mounted Bumper Step

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about adding a hitch-mounted bumper step to my truck. I don't tow much anymore, but I leave my trailer hitch on just in case someone decides to run into the back of me. I know it sounds crazy, but I've had people roll into the back of me at stoplights, and it has saved my bacon a few times. I figured I would get something more useful, like a hitch-mounted step, instead of leaving my trailer hitch on.

Does anyone have any experience with one of these? I was thinking about getting the WeatherTech 12" bump step or something similar.

I looked into the WT one you posted several years ago and did not buy it because it's all plastic and won't do much of anything in protecting your bumper from some idiot. I like all steel ones. The one I bought is no longer on Amazon (Bullybar) but this one is kinda close just to give you an idea.

Actually, this is very close to the one I purchased and it was very solid!

If you have a Multi-Function Tailgate, you will want to disable that feature so the TG doesn't hit the step.

I run one of these on my SxS and it's awesome especially for the price. I've pulled several machines out of tough spots with it. I've had lots of people ask me about it on the trail. Eapele Tow Hitch Step for 2 inch Receivers, Solid Steel Construction Rust Resistant Powder Coated, 10,000lbs Rated Tow Strap Capacity, Black https://a.co/d/0OxZPYP

20240810_160508.jpg

This Gen-Y hitch step looks like a good option as well.

Reactions: AXE
I went with the ORWORKS bump step because of the textured matte finish. It looks great in person.

IMG_1287.jpeg

I went with the ORWORKS bump step because of the textured matte finish. It looks great in person.

I just ordered the same one. The one I did order and install has started to show signs of rust within the first week :oops: Chinese crap :mad: If this one does the same, I'm going to buy a Gen-Y unit made in the USA and powder coated. A hell of a lot more expensive buy, maybe, I'll get what I paid for. We'll try this one first.

I just ordered the same one. The one I did order and install has started to show signs of rust within the first week :oops: Chinese crap :mad: If this one does the same, I'm going to buy a Gen-Y unit made in the USA and powder coated. A hell of a lot more expensive buy, maybe, I'll get what I paid for. We'll try this one first.
Ugh, sorry to hear that. I will update this thread if I have any issues with mine.

Reactions: AXE

Most Member Reactions

Back