Goodyear Territory tires cupping

Chevyman2022

Founding Member
Reaction score
So when I bought my zr2 in early August I noticed that the tires were cupping pretty badly. So rotated them right away but they still seem to be cupping. Anyone else have this problem?

Need more info,
You got brand new tires with how many miles? And they’re cupping?
I don’t expect much from OE tires in the longevity department, how do you drive, if your throwing this rig into corners and making turns at speed, compressing the suspension I wouldn’t expect much life but 1 month,
More info please

Need more info,
You got brand new tires with how many miles? And they’re cupping?
I don’t expect much from OE tires in the longevity department, how do you drive, if your throwing this rig into corners and making turns at speed, compressing the suspension I wouldn’t expect much life but 1 month,
More info please
Tires have 22000 miles on them. I’ve put 4000 mostly highway miles on them since I got it.

Mine have 22K on them and are perfectly fine. Not sure what the original owner did but for the last 1K+ miles Ill drive it around curves like its a sports car just to see what it will and wont do lol.

Mine have 22K on them and are perfectly fine. Not sure what the original owner did but for the last 1K+ miles Ill drive it around curves like its a sports car just to see what it will and wont do lol.
He might have never rotated. How often do you? My mechanic said rotate every oil change. Does that sound excessive?

Reactions: AXE
For the type of tires there are they wear quite well, but ideally they should be rotated every 5k.

Once they're screwed up by not being rotated, you'll never get them flat again so just do the nest you can until you decide to replace them.

I go 5k, but if I start seeing the edges wear on the fronts, I'll do it sooner.

Every tire wears different and every truck has slightly different geometry. Combine that with driving conditions and driver habits and you don't know what it'll do.

Towing a lot will wear them quicker too.

I rotate every and balance all of them every 2.5-3k
Got the road hazard warranty deal with Discount tire for $250. Free rotation and balance for 60k and if a tire goes, they replace with a new one for $40. Great deal!
After I purchased the truck I paid for the certs at Discount also. Not a bad deal at all.

Most Member Reactions

Back