Finally!

I get the short wife thing. Mine is about the same hight and told me I had to get steps. And I do like the aesthetic of a higher clearance step for sure.

I also agree with the chip protection. I have some rekgen mudflaps on order that while offer alot if rock chip protection.

I do plan on taking my truck to places where the sliders will be needed (might be dumb to some but I want to use the truck for what it's meant to do). I took my last truck to those places and only got this truck cause I needed something with more interior space for the family.

And your right most people will never take these trucks off of the highway. It's sad. But I will not be one of those people. I plan on doing the same kind of things in this truck as the last one. Here are some pics of the last truck for reference. I know it's not a Chevy lol I came from a Tacoma.

Attachments

• IMG_3861.PNG~5.jpg
    IMG_3861.PNG~5.jpg
    300.2 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_3865.PNG~2.jpg
    IMG_3865.PNG~2.jpg
    283.3 KB · Views: 35
  • 20231004_112143~2.jpg
    20231004_112143~2.jpg
    746.8 KB · Views: 29
  • VideoCapture_20230320-161452.jpg
    VideoCapture_20230320-161452.jpg
    365.2 KB · Views: 34
Mainly function, my wife's only 5'4 so I needed something for her to get in. and I don't care for the looks of any of the add on steps.

The other thing that's huge is rock chip protection, nothing works better than running boards and a set of Weathertech flaps. we have rock on the pavement half the year around here and 99% of the USFS and BLM roads are gravel. with rock sliders my paint would get trashed.

The rock sliders might look good but they're silly for 90% of people myself included. first off if I need rock sliders I'm not taking an 80k pickups there I have a UTV for that. and most of the time it would be illegal to use that road anyway. kind of like the TRX, set up for high speed desert off-roading, yeah like I'll do that, never.
If you don't want to take your truck off road and are so worried about getting paint chips.....why did you buy this truck?

I bought this truck for exactly that!!!
Not to drive around town in.. Don't understand why people would spend 80K on a truck built specifically for off road and not use it for what it's built for?🤔.
Kinda like buying an airplane to go out on the lake...

Last edited:
I get the short wife thing. Mine is about the same hight and told me I had to get steps. And I do like the aesthetic of a higher clearance step for sure.

I also agree with the chip protection. I have some rekgen mudflaps on order that while offer alot if rock chip protection.

I do plan on taking my truck to places where the sliders will be needed (might be dumb to some but I want to use the truck for what it's meant to do). I took my last truck to those places and only got this truck cause I needed something with more interior space for the family.

And your right most people will never take these trucks off of the highway. It's sad. But I will not be one of those people. I plan on doing the same kind of things in this truck as the last one. Here are some pics of the last truck for reference. I know it's not a Chevy lol I came from a Tacoma.
great color..my new fav!!

After a few years of going back and forth between getting a 19 C7 Z06 or the newest Silverado ZR2 Bison.... i guess you can figure out what I went with. From Fort Worth, i took a 20 hr round trip turn and burn to Kansas City and only spemt 45 mins at the dealership to include a 20 minute test drive. Was able to secure a 6 month used 2023 Bison in Steling Grey Metalic. Looking forward to hear everyone elses expierence, upgrades, and meetups if in the area!
Welcome and congratulations on your new truck.
I have the Go rhino dominator DSS extreme. There are a step/slider combo and I absolutely love them they work fantastic and protect the truck well.

Welcome and congratulations on your new truck.
I have the Go rhino dominator DSS extreme. There are a step/slider combo and I absolutely love them they work fantastic and protect the truck well.
Oh nice! I was thinking about getting the RB20 Slims, but I went with the Iron Bison steps/sliders. A bonus is when the side mirrors illuminate at night, the Bison logo appears on the ground through the steps. It's actually pretty dope lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240518_165224_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240518_165224_Chrome.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 15
Oh nice! I was thinking about getting the RB20 Slims, but I went with the Iron Bison steps/sliders. A bonus is when the side mirrors illuminate at night, the Bison logo appears on the ground through the steps. It's actually pretty dope lol
Yep.... I got the bowties. I've been researching a little and I've seen companies on Amazon that make custom puddle lights. I think I might have one made that has the ZR2 logo.

Attachments

• 20240424_194523.jpg
    20240424_194523.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 15
If you don't want to take your truck off road and are so worried about getting paint chips.....why did you buy this truck?

I bought this truck for exactly that!!!
Not to drive around town in.. Don't understand why people would spend 80K on a truck built specifically for off road and not use it for what it's built for?🤔.
Kinda like buying an airplane to go out on the lake...
I wonder the same thing, when I bought my JLUR i put a dent in the right rear on the 4th day i had it climbing a nasty incline and slipping. Loved it, unfortunately life is dictating my chance to do that in my new rig right now, but soon it will happen.

Other than them mall crawler types or the “compensating crew”, which i‘m actually ok with, terrible waste of hardware to just keep it on the pavement. Although they do create an aftermarket customer base that give me more options…

Most Member Reactions

Back