DFM delete

The 22 and forward DFM does a much better job than the older generations. The computer does a great job at random cylinder choice and time

Agree it does a better job generally speaking. Unfortunately, it introduces parts and complexity that gains 1 MPG (at least that’s what GM reported during the chip shortage when they were shipping trucks with DFM inactive)

double unfortunately, I don’t think we’ve seen anything official that shows deleting or bypassing the DFM definitively reduces any risk of failure. Logically, I fall into the camp that thinks it would be beneficial and see zero reason why it would create problems and ran mine in L9 while I had it. If you run in L9 and have lifter failure, it wasn’t because you were bypassing DFM, it’s because the failure prone lifters were put there in the first place.

Agree it does a better job generally speaking. Unfortunately, it introduces parts and complexity that gains 1 MPG (at least that’s what GM reported during the chip shortage when they were shipping trucks with DFM inactive)

double unfortunately, I don’t think we’ve seen anything official that shows deleting or bypassing the DFM definitively reduces any risk of failure. Logically, I fall into the camp that thinks it would be beneficial and see zero reason why it would create problems and ran mine in L9 while I had it. If you run in L9 and have lifter failure, it wasn’t because you were bypassing DFM, it’s because the failure prone lifters were put there in the first place.
100%

Disabling the AFM will help with lifter failure. it's pretty simple, when the lifter is deactivated, it cuts the oil from it and it rattles around until it's needed again. there's nothing different between it and the standard lifters it regard to the roller and cam lobe . just blaming it on cheap lifters doesn't get it.

It also has a two stage oil pump that cuts flow when deactivated so the whole engine has some effect from it. Range is close to selling the chip to fix it and my dealer's service manager says get it ASAP.

But everyone will remain skeptical until I get mine that would be great.

I paid for eight cylinders and I want all eight all the time.
I absolutely agree with you. The LS ( before the eco tech), models was extremely reliable. My friend has a C6 Corvette and his is really powerful and reliable. Goo mileage in the light aero - dynamic car to.

Disabling the AFM will help with lifter failure. it's pretty simple, when the lifter is deactivated, it cuts the oil from it and it rattles around until it's needed again. there's nothing different between it and the standard lifters it regard to the roller and cam lobe . just blaming it on cheap lifters doesn't get it.

It also has a two stage oil pump that cuts flow when deactivated so the whole engine has some effect from it. Range is close to selling the chip to fix it and my dealer's service manager says get it ASAP.

But everyone will remain skeptical until I get mine that would be great.
Excellent news!

Most Member Reactions

Back