Any one done mods on active exhaust?

Ruizf92

Reaction score
Im trying to make the 6.2 sound louder and more aggressive but my 2024 ZR2 has the active exhaust. Has anyone modified this exhaust system and does anyone know where the valves are located? I’m looking to changing out the muffler but i would like to keep the valves functional and i want to know if changing the muffler will send any error codes?

What's the point. just leave it in sport mode and it sounds great.

The muffler is part of the bypass so screwing with that would basically remove the system. sounds like a good way to screw up something for nothing to me.

Not sure about the active exhaust on the ZR2, but the wife’s vette in sport mode is as loud as mine with the Borla S.

What's the point. just leave it in sport mode and it sounds great.

The muffler is part of the bypass so screwing with that would basically remove the system. sounds like a good way to screw up something for nothing to me.
Coming from trading in a TRX to this, it’s doesn’t sound loud enough for me 😅

I have a TRX too, love it.

I'm not sure you're going to get the sound out of the chevy you had with a blown Hemi. but it sounds pretty good to me anyway. to do better probably a true dual exhaust with new mufflers is the only way.

I have a TRX too, love it.

I'm not sure you're going to get the sound out of the chevy you had with a blown Hemi. but it sounds pretty good to me anyway. to do better probably a true dual exhaust with new mufflers is the only way.
Have to agree. Chevy hit this one on the head for sure.

I had the active exhaust on a Camaro I used to own, the trick to keeping it open all the time used to be to pull the active exhaust fuses. Was back in the trunk on the Camaro, not sure where it would be found on the ZR2 or if this trick applies.

Most Member Reactions

Back