Aftermarket Shocks - Info

GATORB8

Reaction score
Spoke with Accutune and they haven't done any HDZR2s yet.

Anyone running Fox's or Kings? Any , feedback or fitment issues and what length are you using?

Any chance anyone has put a tape measure to the suspension/shock dimensions yet? I pulled the front multimatic lengths from a conversion thread on another forum. Don't have my truck to do it yet.

I geek out on shocks/suspension, started a shock analysis/travel calculator similiar to what we use on the Jeep forum:

1728498461180.png

Last edited:
Spoke with Accutune and they haven't done any HDZR2s yet.

Anyone running Fox's or Kings? Any , feedback or fitment issues and what length are you using?

Any chance anyone has put a tape measure to the suspension/shock dimensions yet? I pulled the front multimatic lengths from a conversion thread on another forum. Don't have my truck to do it yet.

I geek out on shocks/suspension, started a shock analysis/travel calculator similiar to what we use on the Jeep forum:

View attachment 16816
You looking to take off your DSSV shocks and replace them?

One of the main reasons to buy this truck is the spool shocks! Nothing else like them out there.

You looking to take off your DSSV shocks and replace them?
Yes, potentially. If that's a decision I'm going to eventually make, I figure new take offs will be pretty valuable for resale.

At a minimum, I want to identify if the front Cognito spacers (or similiar) are beneficial and work with actual suspension travel.

High end aftermarket shocks will offer the ability to be on vehicle adjusted, application specific tuned, and rebuilt. Including tuning for potential bar/spring swaps.

Realistically, I'm still up in the air, but I geek out on this stuff so if there's improvement to be had, I'll try to identify it.

I already have. ;)
Are you running the shock spacers? The reported 3.75" front shock travel (significantly the least of the 24 shocks in the list) and Cognito's note on the spacers that there is only 2" of front downtravel on the ZR2 (sounds crazy) are what peaked my interest the most. Plus the plastic wrap and shock boots, lol.

1728506052224.png

No, I use my truck to work in it is not a toy. Reliability and performance is what I look for and only keep them for a couple of years after about 100k trade them. Quite a bit of highway driving and when I get off the pavement driving on very ugly abused oil field roads to the ranch southeast of Carlsbad NM.

Been through a whole lot of modified some highly trucks and jeeps but now especially with the crackdown on diesel modifications keep modifications to things like bumpers, lights, tires, PPF, toolboxes, cell boosters. Building a mall crawler ;) or a rock crawler with a 3/4 ton is not in the cards for me any longer.

That said this specific truck only has 2 others that were smoother at speed the modified Gen 1 Raptor running Kings (replaced 2 leaf rear springs with 5 leaf Deavers the first they built) and the TRX (factory) both half tons that were really just toys. The slow speed off road performance of these spool shocks beat any Rancho, Kings, Fox or Bilstein I have ever used.

I think that about covers it. Getting into the suspension now except to add a stabilizer or replacement of conventional factory shocks is about all. Trucks are just a tool to me and make no mistake I love to mod and tinker but now drive way too many miles and trade too often to make it a money pit like I used to. :eek:

Not to mention dumping 10 to 15k in audio equipment in! :) My wife still does not know how much I spent on that stuff!

No, I use my truck to work in it is not a toy. Reliability and performance is what I look for and only keep them for a couple of years after about 100k trade them. Quite a bit of highway driving and when I get off the pavement driving on very ugly abused oil field roads to the ranch southeast of Carlsbad NM.

Been through a whole lot of modified some highly trucks and jeeps but now especially with the crackdown on diesel modifications keep modifications to things like bumpers, lights, tires, PPF, toolboxes, cell boosters. Building a mall crawler ;) or a rock crawler with a 3/4 ton is not in the cards for me any longer.

That said this specific truck only has 2 others that were smoother at speed the modified Gen 1 Raptor running Kings (replaced 2 leaf rear springs with 5 leaf Deavers the first they built) and the TRX (factory) both half tons that were really just toys. The slow speed off road performance of these spool shocks beat any Rancho, Kings, Fox or Bilstein I have ever used.

I think that about covers it. Getting into the suspension now except to add a stabilizer or replacement of conventional factory shocks is about all. Trucks are just a tool to me and make no mistake I love to mod and tinker but now drive way too many miles and trade too often to make it a money pit like I used to. :eek:

Not to mention dumping 10 to 15k in audio equipment in! :) My wife still does not know how much I spent on that stuff!
Yeah I hear you. I was able to keep my last Ram relatively mild with my itch going toward the Jeep. Now that I've pretty much exhausted the options on the Jeep until I go tons, I'm drooling a bit over this one.

Yeah I hear you. I was able to keep my last Ram relatively mild with my itch going toward the Jeep. Now that I've pretty much exhausted the options on the Jeep until I go tons, I'm drooling a bit over this one.
Oh, hell yes, the Jeeps are a REAL MONEY PIT!

One of the main reasons to buy this truck is the spool shocks! Nothing else like them out there.
Not true, if you spend the money on King, Fox, Bilstein, Elka with reservoirs and compression and rebound damping you will have an incredible ride.

Most Member Reactions

Back