3.0L Duramax Down

AXE

Reaction score
Seen this guy loading up his rig down the street from me, so I stopped to talk. He said he wasn't sure if it was motor issue or fuel issue. He said it started to run rough and shut down in the middle of the intersection. He then said he got a bad fuel message or code (not sure).

It's rare to get water in fuel around here. Most of the stations are relatively new and it is hot and dry, so little condensation issues. Stations are busy, so fuel is usually fresh.

I thought maybe it would be a 6.2L motor or lifter problem when I first pulled up.

Said he was on his way to get his dually. Hopefully no big issues.

Attachments

• 20240726_135437.jpg
    20240726_135437.jpg
    293.1 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Seen this guy loading up his rig down the street from me, so I stopped to talk. He said he wasn't sure if it was motor issue or fuel issue. He said it started to run rough and shut down in the middle of the intersection. He then said he got a bad fuel message or code (not sure).

It's rare to get water in fuel around here. Most of the stations are relatively new and it is hot and dry, so little condensation issues.

I thought maybe it would be a 6.2L motor or lifter problem when I first pulled up.

Dang that sucks!
But did you direct him to the Forum?

It's rare to get water in fuel around here. Most of the stations are relatively new and it is hot and dry, so little condensation issues.

sux

Hopefully he didn’t put gas in his diesel.
He seemed like he knew his way around diesel trucks. He had a Duramax dually he said he was going to pick up when I asked him if he needed a ride. He said he was familiar with the 6.2L motor issues, so thought the diesel made more sense.

Most Member Reactions

Back