2020-2024 GMC/CHEVROLET 2500/3500 HD HITCH BARS

securityguy

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with these lights? Looking to use them as back-up lights and they look super solid and an OEM type install. Thanks!

Reactions: AXE
Anyone have any experience with these lights? Looking to use them as back-up lights and they look super solid and an OEM type install. Thanks!

I've used lights mounted off the rear off my frame on my previous 2500HD. One think to note is you lose a fair amount of light when they are tucked up under the bumper. But they do work. Liked mine for unhooking when pulling into camp at night and loading my boat at night.

If you want them for back up light, you might be better off with the flush mount light from Rigid or Baja Designs or maybe going back to your previous light strip below the tailgate.

I used some Ebay specials for $50 for 4 and they have lasted 11 years. Had to replace a couple cause a couple leds burnt. I made my own brackets. Wired in switched power, so I could leave them on. Also wired in plugs so they could be replaced easily.

I've used lights mounted off the rear off my frame on my previous 2500HD. One think to note is you lose a fair amount of light when they are tucked up under the bumper. But they do work. Liked mine for unhooking when pulling into camp at night and loading my boat at night.

If you want them for back up light, you might be better off with the flush mount light from Rigid or Baja Designs or maybe going back to your previous light strip below the tailgate.

I used some Ebay specials for $50 for 4 and they have lasted 11 years. Had to replace a couple cause a couple leds burnt. I made my own brackets. Wired in switched power, so I could leave them on. Also wired in plugs so they could be replaced easily.
Thanks Axe. These actually sit just below the bumper and no loss of light. I called the manufacturer and we discussed the install at length. Thinking of hooking up through a bluetooth enabled Upfitter switch.....

I wish that hooking up to the 7-pin hitch harness reverse lead didn't throw a code to alert you on the info screen you have a trailer problem. Not sure what route I want to take yet, but this combo of rear lights and upfitter looks promising. I also have a 15% discount code on the BMC products.

Thanks Axe. These actually sit just below the bumper and no loss of light. I called the manufacturer and we discussed the install at length. Thinking of hooking up through a bluetooth enabled Upfitter switch.....

I wish that hooking up to the 7-pin hitch harness reverse lead didn't throw a code to alert you on the info screen you have a trailer problem. Not sure what route I want to take yet, but this combo of rear lights and upfitter looks promising. I also have a 15% discount code on the BMC products.
Remember, you gotta look at them lights hanging below the bumper. That's why I set mine back. You only knew they were there when turned on. Also why I like the smaller flush mount style inset into bumper.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back