2011-16 Duramax Faulty Fuel Pump Settlement

AXE

Reaction score
This is the same shit were getting from GM on the 6.2L gasser and 3.0L Duramax motor problems. They never really own up to anything and square up with the consumer. However they'll spend millions fighting it and gladly pay plaintiffs lawyers $15 million to settle. That's why I hate these pricks and cunts from GM so much anymore.

My 2015 has an Air Dog lift pump installed since new and I've used Optilube XPD and XL for lubrication almost every tank. It now has about 90k on it and my boy owns it and is still driving it.

Last edited:
I know some Rams used that pump, but never heard much about their issues. I have a 2018 Ram 2500 but it only has about 28k miles.

Last edited:
I did a cp3 conversion on my 2016 after a couple guys I know spent 10k after their cp4’s grenaded…these pumps are an obvious fail point, took em 20’ish years get to this point
Yep, these new ones are very different. I think they got a lift pump on them. So are the fuel filters.

Yep, these new ones are very different. I think they got a lift pump on them. S are the fuel filters.
Yeah, I’ve read starting with the L5P they had an in tank lift pump and had shifted away from the CP4 injection pumps. A much improved design overall for sure.

Most Member Reactions

Back