200 Watt Kicker Subwoofer from GM Audio Question

Do you have both ends of the cable plugged in. I.E. control knob and sub plugged in. I know when only the sub end is plugged in the sub will make odd low ruble sounds.
I had everything completely connected before reconnecting the battery. When I turned the radio on, it was booming badly. I turned bass knob down and made a very small difference. I started checking it out and started unplugging and it stopped the booming and started sounding normal when I removed the plug from the amp. I have not had time to follow up due to the storms!

My amp doesn't have the dip switches but has the port to plug in to. When I plug in the cable for knob the sub goes crazy!
Hmmm, never seen/heard of that configuration. You know you have to remove the amp to see the dip switches right? It (rubber plug over dip switches) is on the flat side up against the sub enclosure.

There is a post on another forum about using the Bose sub wires under the passenger seat for the Kicker input vs the right front door wires. With that, I left the dip switches in their original positions (1 & 4-6 up and 2-3 down). I also have the gain knob - depending on genre, source of music, etc, the bass needs adjusting fairly often for optimal levels.

Hmmm, never seen/heard of that configuration. You know you have to remove the amp to see the dip switches right? It (rubber plug over dip switches) is on the flat side up against the sub enclosure.
No but I actually am pulling it as we speak! I watched a YouTube video on it a few minutes ago lol

Edit: ha!! Works like it should! Thank you!

In fact, I am blown away at what I was missing out on,,lol This little enclosure hits pretty decent. I actually have to turn the bass down now..lol

Last edited:

Most Member Reactions

Back