Ultimate9 with what Drive Mode?

ZR2ftw

Reaction score
Just recently received the ultimate9 ecvx for my ZR2 and I noticed the difference immediately…. Felt like I went from driving a normal truck to a V8 race car… for lack of better words.

Anyway, before I got the throttle controller I was always running around town in Tow/Haul and L9 mode for obvious reasons.

My question now for the throttle controller owners is: Do you still use Tow Haul/ L9 mode in conjunction with this amazing product? I’m assuming we all still need to ensure DFM is off so tow haul and L9 are still required? Let me know! Thanks!

You can kill DFM with the Range Technologies module for $225. There's asthread running with the recent results.
Thanks for the info. In the mean time I should run with tow haul on still correft? To still get
The benefit?

Reactions: AXE
Yes, you can run it in T/H mode. The Ultimate9 is the BOMB! Everyone should have one to see what they're missing out on.
I thoroughly agree. It is incredible how much more responsive my truck is now.

I’m still trying to get good with the paddles haha. It’s an ugly sight to see me try to paddle shift smoothly right now.
Turn down the stereo and listen to the engine and exhaust noise. Once you log a few miles you'll figure out the shift points. There's a couple ways to shift, you can simply press the paddle and wait for the shift, but sometimes I feel like I get a quicker shift if I lift slightly on the pedal just before the paddle is pressed, usually when in higher rpms. Plus I like the sound of the exhaust when you back off a tad and get back on the gas.

Anyway, have fun, this motor is awesome and the truck chassis/suspension and transmission is matched well.

Last edited:
Turn down the stereo and listen to the engine and exhaust noise. Once you log a few miles you'll figure out the shift points. There's a couple ways to shift, you can simply press the paddle and wait for the shift, but sometimes I feel like I get a quicker shift if I lift slightly on the pedal just before the paddle is pressed, usually when in higher rpms. Plus I like the sound of the exhaust when you back off a tad and get back on the gas.

Anyway, have fun, this motor is awesome and the truck chassis/suspension and transmission is matched well.
Thank you for all the info. I’m going to give the paddles a good shot now. I love the truck, in the past I always had some form a buyers remorse with my vehicles but I just fall in love more and more with this truck everyday

Most Member Reactions

Back