Stereo Issue

Coakley

Reaction score
Hello -
I have a 2024 Colorado ( duh). I am looking for assistance with my stereo. In the last week, when I shut the truck off and open the driver side door the stereo continues to play. I understand that when you turn the truck off and stay in the truck that the stereo should stay on for apx. 10 minutes. This is not the case. I have to physically turn the stereo off each time I leave the truck.
I have just returned from the dealership for my first oil change and they were not able to diagnose this issue. I have tried doing a software update and that did not fix this problem.
Any ideas would be appreciated.

Hello -
I have a 2024 Colorado ( duh). I am looking for assistance with my stereo. In the last week, when I shut the truck off and open the driver side door the stereo continues to play. I understand that when you turn the truck off and stay in the truck that the stereo should stay on for apx. 10 minutes. This is not the case. I have to physically turn the stereo off each time I leave the truck.
I have just returned from the dealership for my first oil change and they were not able to diagnose this issue. I have tried doing a software update and that did not fix this problem.
Any ideas would be appreciated.
Make sure your headlights or parking lights aren't staying on. I bumped mine with my knee in my 1500 and it wasn't powering down correctly.

Make sure your headlights or parking lights aren't staying on. I bumped mine with my knee in my 1500 and it wasn't powering down correctly.
No knobs on the Colorado, controls are in the infotainment screens. Actually a bit of a “controversial “ move in the Colorado as you have to do all light setting through the screen. Having said that, OP you might be worth making sure your lights are on auto mode.

I’ve not seen this on our Colorado. These new electronics across the Colorado, 1500c and HDs are a bit gremlin in nature based on my experience, much more than all previous generations I’ve owned. You might try a “reset” and/or unhook battery for a few minutes. I’m not sure on the Colorado reset but likely in your Settings.

Agree with both of the above, but this happened on my 21 HC also, took a video to show the service writer. I know you said they tried to address it, but make them dig deeper too
Good luck

Most Member Reactions

Back