Steering Wheel is so skinny

McManly

Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks this? To be fair, I come from a Gen 2 Raptor and the wheel was quite a bit more substantial (thicker), which to me just felt far better in the hand.
The diameter of this wheel makes it feel dainty, or delicate to me and doesn't seem to match the mission of the truck. I get it that the wheel is probably standard across the line, but I am a bit disappointed how it feels. It's probably my only complaint regarding the truck interior, as I find the rest of it is very nice. Ok, ready for the flames!

That’s funny. I had to drive a Ford a couple weeks back and I said the steering wheel feels so cheap. Felt like it came with one of those cheap auto zone steering wheel covers.

Same general size as the last 20 years. I think the leather feels good, smooth, but tactile.
I haven't driven a chevy truck in a very long time so I'm just basing it off my experience with my other current and past vehicles and this is the thinnest wheel I can remember.

They make nice covers for them, check out anton3ooo thread with pictures of his wheel: https://www.chevyzr2.com/threads/amazes-simple-zr2-mods.551/#post-9411

I agree that it’s a little dainty but it’s an improvement from my 07 classic, that thing reminds me of the original wheels in my 80s square bodies 😂
Thanks for the link! I think this just might be my first mod. Although, you have to hand sew it and it takes around 3 hours. Yikes! lol.
I'll just have to suck it up...

It's perfect. slightly smaller than my TRX and super duty and I like it.

It is smaller than both the wheels in my wifes Audi and my MB E350 I sold.

Same general size as the last 20 years. I think the leather feels good, smooth, but tactile.
I agree, quality is good, leather feels nice, it's just the diameter in my hands I'm not overly excited about. I was just curious if others on this forum felt the same, recognizing that there will be another group that loves it and another group that wishes I didn't bring it up because now they're thinking about it too much :giggle:

I dont mind the size of it but the leather wrapping is just weak to me. There has been a time my right or nail caught the steering wheel and left a messed up spot. The Wrangler I had didnt do that. I personally just wish the leather itself was a bit thicker.

I dont mind the size of it but the leather wrapping is just weak to me. There has been a time my right or nail caught the steering wheel and left a messed up spot. The Wrangler I had didnt do that. I personally just wish the leather itself was a bit thicker.
Put some leather conditioner on the wheel, it will repair and smooth them out. Should do this at least once or twice per year anyway.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back