Skid plates from AEV for 2019+/2020+ Silverados

As Bison comes fully assembled, I believe, it makes a better deal. Labor paid with OEM bumpers and wheels.

I have ordered fuel tank and differential skids to start with. Let's see how it goes.

As Bison comes fully assembled, I believe, it makes a better deal. Labor paid with OEM bumpers and wheels.

I have ordered fuel tank and differential skids to start with. Let's see how it goes.
I've pulled those skids and they are some heavy bastards. Might want to have a second set of hands for easier install. I used one of those rolling seats with adjustable height once. It worked well.

At least wear some teeth guards if you like your smile.

I like that I can get all the Bison parts after the fact, especially with the price difference in my area for the Bison vs non that are on the lots. My frustration are all the folks driving up the price that are buying the Bison simply because it’s “the top of the line” so they can brag about the badge. Kills me knowing that a rig that built will only see off road when mom and dad pull off the road to park in the grass for little Jimmy’s soccer match…

WOW...and only $2000 :ROFLMAO:
Considering the overall cost, in case of any serious damage in middle of remote trail, I think that price is not too bad plus they are from OEM partner.

I pulled myself out of some decent trails last time because of no skids. If I have to do those trails now, I have to spare minimum 5 days (from Ohio) just to get there and come back. (sum of Gas, food, stay and time > cost of skids) 😔

I've pulled those skids and they are some heavy bastards. Might want to have a second set of hands for easier install. I used one of those rolling seats with adjustable height once. It worked well.

Thanks for the tip. Will get some help on this.

Considering the overall cost, in case of any serious damage in middle of remote trail, I think that price is not too bad plus they are from OEM partner.
Maybe if I didn't live in FL, and only drive on the beach, I'd see more value in this. My next truck, regardless, will most likely have a Bison package on it anyway because I can and you never know when you'll find a big rock on the beach ;)

I like that I can get all the Bison parts after the fact, especially with the price difference in my area for the Bison vs non that are on the lots. My frustration are all the folks driving up the price that are buying the Bison simply because it’s “the top of the line” so they can brag about the badge. Kills me knowing that a rig that built will only see off road when mom and dad pull off the road to park in the grass for little Jimmy’s soccer match…
Price isn't demand driven. If you look at the product, it's based upon the cost of materials, manufacturing, marketing distribution/shipping, installation, + profit. Having worked my way around the Bison gizmos, I'm actually surprised they don't cost more.

I develop and build energy and water supply infrastructure. Concrete costs more than steel, steel is more expensive than ever. These little chicken shit 6 inch butterfly valve cost $600, designed in America, made in ChiNa. The rest of the piping and flanges were another $1500. $2700 and that's a temporary set up.

Attachments

• 20240605_173557.jpg
    20240605_173557.jpg
    292.1 KB · Views: 18
I wouldn't get frustrated on how other people spend their money, its a freedom. I could go out and buy a McLaren or new 911 turbo, but I chose to have a 2500 hd ZR2 because it whats makes me smile. It might be overkill at times but In my mind its a deal. 😀

Stop talking crap about me.

Plus the Bison armor doest fit Baby Dmaxs

I wouldn't get frustrated on how other people spend their money, its a freedom. I could go out and buy a McLaren or new 911 turbo, but I chose to have a 2500 hd ZR2 because it whats makes me smile. It might be overkill at times but In my mind its a deal. 😀
Agreed I could've bought 7,560 pairs of 100% wool socks but I diceded to go with a Bizon.

Most Member Reactions

Back