Replaced my Jeep Mojave

Firedad415

Reaction score
I was tired of dealing with an ongoing galvanic corrosion issue that will likely never be truly resolved, so I sold my beloved 21 Gladiator Mojave, which I had well decked out for Overlanding and Beach driving, and pulled the trigger on this ZR2!
Now to set it up with a matching cap/topper/shell (ARE or Leer type) and get my awning, water tank, and other things on it.
2022, 15k miles, 6.2L. It's been since 14 when I last had a full sized truck. But ive been in Jeeps for 25 years!
Anyone have a pic of a Glacier Blue with a ARE or Leer on the back?

Attachments

• 20240625_100338.jpg
    20240625_100338.jpg
    407.2 KB · Views: 27
  • 20240701_165239.jpg
    20240701_165239.jpg
    327.5 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
I was tired if dealing with an ongoing galvanic corrosion issue that will likely never be truly resolved, so I sold my beloved 21 Gladiator Mojave, which I had well decked out for Overlanding and Beach driving, and pulled the trigger on this ZR2!
Now to set it up with a matching cap/topper/shell (ARE or Leer type) and get my awning, water tank, and other things on it.
2022, 15k miles, 6.2L. It's been since 14 when I last had a full sized truck. But ive been in Jeeps for 25 years!
Anyone have a pic of a Glacier Blue with a ARE or Leer on the back?
You sir speak the language of my people!
Welcome!!

So far, I am finding out that accessories/mods are WAY more expensive than Jeep stuff.
A comparable shell will be about 40% more. A bumper for my winch will be over 300% more. And I thought Jeep stood for Just Empty Every Pocket!

So far, I am finding out that accessories/mods are WAY more expensive than Jeep stuff.
A comparable shell will be about 40% more. A bumper for my winch will be over 300% more. And I thought Jeep stood for Just Empty Every Pocket!
Yea but how much more capable is the ZR2 out of the box than the Jeep? (Not to start a Jeep stuff vs truck stuff war again 🤣)

Everything is moar expensive over here.
Compared to Jeep accessories, selection is thin. The ZR2 front end and fenders are different than other trim Silverados including the TB.

Plus most members here don't care if guac is extra.

Welcome, I can’t recall seeing one with a topper lately several with racks and roof top tents, but a LEER will look good.👍
I need dry space. The Retrax One MX (I think) is NOT dry. Secure, but today my bed had all kinds of water in it after the rains. I will say the drain houses are not routed out, so, I get it, it was to be expected. But I don't think I could get it to be as dry as I want. So it will go up for sale.

Everything is moar expensive over here.
Compared to Jeep accessories, selection is thin. The ZR2 front end and fenders are different than other trim Silverados including the TB.

Plus most members here don't care if guac is extra.
And truthfully, we are extremely blessed. If it costs more, I'm okay with that. I just want to get quality if I'm going to pay for it. However, like you said, pickins' are slim.

Interesting, had a Roll n Lock on my HC and it was dry as a bone.
It may have been just the drain tubes. However, even with that model ReTrax, as high quality as it seems, I can't put a rack on it because there is no t slot. And I can't access the stakeholes in the rails, as it covers them. So I either have to sell it, and get a different type, or just go with a camper shell type.

Most Member Reactions

Back