Rear Suspension Driver/Passenger side different heights.

RMBOzr2

Reaction score
So yesterday, while working out, I happened to glance at my truck and noticed something odd—my driver-side rear wheel well has more space between the tire and the well than the passenger side. Being the curious guy I am, I grabbed a measuring tape, and sure enough, there’s about an inch of difference. Any ideas on what could be causing this? (And no, it’s not the tire inflation—I’m not that guy.)

While I was poking around under the truck, I also spotted something else: the driver-side exhaust pipe(also sits lower then the other pipe) and driveshaft look noticeably newer compared to the rest of the undercarriage.

For reference, it’s a 2022 ZR2 with 6,500 miles on it when I picked it up. Truck originally came from Michigan.

Fire away with your thoughts!

Attachments

• IMG_0027.jpeg
    IMG_0027.jpeg
    268.5 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0026.jpeg
    IMG_0026.jpeg
    245.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0025.jpeg
    IMG_0025.jpeg
    319.6 KB · Views: 12
Not uncommon to have the exhaust outlets off. I think there is variability in the exhaust hangers, possibly slightly different exhaust cuts at the slash. I tried adjusting mine about 3/8 inch, but i couldn't get it perfect. Added exhaust tips and adjusted the length to be even. Looks pretty good hanging about 1/2 inch below bumper.

I would check your spring to axle connections for square, check sag in rear springs, also measure front of frame to ground. If your front isn't square, it'll throw the rear off too. Could be an issue with front coil over spring stiffness.

Tacoma drivers call it the "Taco lean" and it's fixed by adding a small spacer to the top side of the driver side coil over.

Last edited:

Most Member Reactions

Back